Chapter 17: The Flight Home

I sat down in my seat on the plane. There's not that many people in here. So I had I nice seat in the back with no one around. I stared out the window for a few minutes, it'll only be a few days....

I felt someone sit beside me. I slowly turned my head and blinked in surprise.

"D-dazai?! What the hell are you doing here?" I whisper to him.

"Going to America." He said smiling at me.

"W-why the hell would you do that?!" I ask, hitting the back of his head.

"Well, The Port Mafia still has their eyes on you...." Dazai said, rubbing the back of his head where I had hit him. "So Fukuzawa let me keep an eye on you!"

"B-but...."

"All passengers, we will be taking flight now." The pilot said on the speaker.

"Oh shit...." I mumble in English. Suddenly the realization hit me.

"Oh no! Why me?!" I groaned.

"Huh, what's the matter?" Dazai asked.

"You'll have to meet my family...." I groan while massaging my temples.

He looked at me in surprise. "Your family? Oh I can't wait!" He exclaimed.

"No, this is bad." I say, "They'll think that-"

I felt my face go red.

"Go on..." He said.

"You can't come with me." You say while looking at him.

"Huh? Why?" He whined.

"They'll think we're dating or something.." I groaned.

"Why would they..."

"Aw a couple! How adorable!" I hear a woman say in English.

"A-a couple?" I ask.

"You two must be on your honeymoon!" She said joyfully.

"O-oh... Um..." I tried to speak...

"Anything you two love birds need?" She asked.

"N-no thank you, we're good." I say smiling.

"Okay, if you need anything, let me know!" She smiled and walked away.

"What was that about?" Dazai asked me.

"S-she was just asking if we needed anything, that's all!" I said in a panic.

He nodded and looked away. He then put an earbud in his ear.

What would he need that for?

~Time Skip~

"Y/n... I'm bored..." Dazai whined while laying back in his seat.

I sighed and opened my laptop.  "Here."

I placed an earbud in his ear and played a movie for him. I turned on Japanese captions so he knew what they were saying.

"What is this?" He asked.

"West Side Story. Now be quiet while I take a nap in peace." {My favorite movie btw and might contain spoilers about the movie in this chapter} I sigh and close my eyes.

~Time Skip~
I open my eyes and spot Dazai zoned into the movie. He was watching the scene of everyone fighting.

He gasped whenever Maria's brother Bernardo was stabbed. And whenever Riff was stabbed too.

I sighed and started scrolling on my phone. I noticed my sister, S/n had texted me.

S/n:

What's up loser, when are you gonna be here? It's boring without you.

                                              Y/n:

                   Be patient, we'll be
                   there soon

S/n:

Who's "we"? 😏

Y/n:
Just a friend, don't worry about it.

I put my phone back in my pocket and looked out the window. I sighed and fell asleep.