Chapter 108: Blessings for the Children

~No One's Pov:~
Kunikida and Junichiro were in the hospital's waiting room. They heard someone's footsteps and looked up.

"The president's examination is finished." Yosano was walking towards them. "It sounds like the enemy's warning was true." She stopped in front of them. "The ability is draining the life out of him. I'm not sure if he'll gain consciousness or not."

"So it was true." Kunikida crossed his arms.

"Let's save the president, Kunikida." Junichiro said, "Let's kill the Port Mafia's boss! That's the only way!"

"It's true that we absolutely must prevent the president's death." Kunikida said, "But... Dazai is currently undergoing surgery for the bullet wound at another hospital. And Y/n is in Okinawa."

"Kunikida.." Junichiro said.

"Yosano, where's Ranpo?" Kunikida looked at Yosano.

"Keeping the president company." She said. "He was devastated. I don't blame him."

"This is bad!" Atsushi ran over to us, "The Port Mafia has surrounded the building!"

Everyone's eyes went wide.

Chuuya jumped on top of the building, making the hospital shake. The lights in the waiting room went out.

"Sorry, Detective Agency. It's nothing personal today." Chuuya was standing up, "Give me your boss' head, and you won't have to die."

"They're already here?!" Kunikida shouted.

"They're holding back the front and back entrances!" Atsushi said.

"They're the master of raids and killing, after all." Yosano looked at Kunikida, "What's our plan?"

Kunikida stared at his notebook. He looked like he was thinking.

"Calm down, Kunikida!" Ranpo yelled.

Everyone looked at him.

"You call yourself the president's apprentice?"

"Ranpo... Are you all right?' Yosano asked.

"The president told us to get a grip." Ranpo said.

She gasped, "He's gained consciousness?"

"No. But I could hear him." He pointed at Kunikida, "Give us our orders, Acting President. I'll deduce any information we need."

"Ability users guards spotted in front of the Detective Agency's hospital room." A voice came from Chuuya's earpiece, "A blonde child."

"It's that brat again." Chuuya mumbled. "Physical attacks do almost nothing to him... They're playing they're trump card right off the bat."

Chuuya stepped forward near the end of the building.

"Report. It's not just the child." Higuchi said through the earpiece. "Kunikida, the were tiger.."

Chuuya stopped and looked.

"Most of the entirety of the Detective Agency's main force is defending the room."

"What? They're going all out already?" Chuuya tapped his earpiece, "We'll respond with our top men. Send Akutagawa and the Black Lizard over from the perimeter team!"

Kunikida, Junichiro, Atsushi, Kyouka, Kenji and Yosano were standing in front of the hospital room.

Akutagawa, Motojiro, Higuchi, Hirotsu, Gin, Tachihara, and Chuuya were in front of them. Chuuya was on his knee.

They were both staring at each other.

"Want to do this one by one?" Chuuya asked, "Or should we all go at it at once? Well? I don't mind either way."