Chapter 122: Government Emergency

I walked inside the Agency and didn't see anyone in the office.

"Where is everyone?" I looked at Dazai.

"Maybe they're in the meeting room." He said.

We walked inside the meeting room and see everyone sitting down.

Me and Dazai sat down.

I was sitting by Akiko. I looked at her, "What's going on?"

"The most gruesome thing happened last night.." Akiko mumbled, "Kunikida hasn't gotten into detail about it yet. That's the only thing we know."

"This is an emergency request from the government." Kunikida pressed a button and a picture showed on the screen. "This is the first victim found while we were gone to S/n's wedding."

It showed a man nailed to a wall with an axe in his head.

What the...

F/n immediately looked away. "I-i'm just gonna go outside..." She walked out of the meeting room.

It must've grossed her out pretty bad..

"I need to go check on F/n." Kunikida said, "I'll be right back." He left the room.

I looked back at the picture on the screen.

Who the hell would do something like this?

I looked at my left arm and noticed blood on my hand.

I rolled up my sleeve and noticed a deep cut on my wrist. There was a trail of blood leading to my hand.

Someone grabbed my arm. I looked at Akiko.

"I should have this healed in no time." She said, "Did you use your Dark Web ability again?"

"Oh, no." I said, "I must've walked by something sharp and it could've cut me. I probably didn't notice."

She nodded.

Kunikida walked back inside and Akiko let go of my arm.

I rolled my sleeve down.

"Back to what we were doing," He said and pressed another button. "This was found yesterday."

My eyes went wide.

There was a whole group of people in a room. One's body was cut in half while another had half of their face melted. Someone else had their intestines wrapped around their neck.

I looked away and tried not to gag.

"The victims had almost nothing in common. They didn't share a specific organization or anything." Kunikida said. "Ranpo, what do you think about this-"

"Don't take the job." Ranpo said.

"Huh?" Everyone looked at him.

"Ranpo. State your reason." Fukuzawa had just entered the room.

"My friend's last wishes." Ranpo said.

Wait.....

No. No way. This seems way too familiar for me to forget..

Ranpo was about to keep talking. I interrupted him.

"Ranpo."

He looked at me.

"Private meeting. Now."

~Time Skip~
"What's this all about?" Ranpo asked me.

We were in the Agency's kitchen.

"This is way too familiar to me." I said, "The guy you were just talking about."

"Mush-"

"Mushitarou Ogiri." I said.

Ranpo blinked in surprise.

"And his ability is The Perfect Crime." I put my hand to my chin while looking at the ground, "But this makes no sense... I stole the book... There's no way The Decay of The Angel took him..."

"Wait... What's-"

"An illegal organization. Fyodor was part of it." I looked at him, "Something isn't right here. Those bodies we just saw in the meeting room... They weren't like the ones The Decay of The Angel would do. This is different."

Ranpo's eyes were still open. "You know what's going on?"

"This could really destroy the Agency... I..I don't know what we should do... Not to mention.."

My thoughts completely stopped.

"Not to mention what?" Ranpo asked me.

"Where's Dazai?"

"Still in the meeting room."

I sighed in relief. "Okay. Thank God..."

"Why?"

"Okay... Um.. I haven't told you what Sc/n said whenever I visited him, have I?"

"No. You haven't."

"Well.... He gave me a book... A very important one.. and he completely wiped out evidence of Dazai being in the Port Mafia. Every last bit. So he's in the clear. An asshole that would've destroyed everything is dead. The hunting dogs don't really exist anymore... The other members are living their own lives..."

"This is a lot of information."

"I'm still not sure if it's a good idea to take this job..."

The door opened.

It was Mr. Fukuzawa. "Have you changed your mind about taking the job, Ranpo?"

Me and Ranpo looked at each other.

".......I'll take it." Ranpo said.

Fukuzawa nodded and left the room.

"What? Did I convince you or something?" I asked him.

"Even if it's my friend's last wishes.. I have to take the job." He looked at me. "I'm depending on you to tell me everything you know."

I nodded.