Chapter 136: Aftermath

~Y/n's Pov:~
I slowly opened my eyes.

Where am I?

I sat up and looked around.

I was in the patient room.

What happened?

I then remembered the virus ability.

"Dazai! Get back to work!" I heard Kunikida shouting.

I heard footsteps running near me. The curtain opened and Dazai's eyes were wide.

"DAZAI! YOU DO NOT JUST DITCH WORK AND-" Kunikida was walking towards Dazai. He noticed me. "Oh... I'll uh.. excuse me." Kunikida walked out.

The door shut.

Dazai was still looking at me.

Before I could say anything. I felt arms wrap around me.

"Osamu..?"

I heard him sobbing. I wrapped my arms around him and held him close.

"I-I thought you were dead!"

"I'm not, it's alright-"

He pulled away to look at me, "JUST BECAUSE YOU SAY YOU AREN'T DEAD, DOESN'T CUT THE FACT THAT YOU COULD'VE DIED!"

"Osamu, I-"

"YOU RAN OFF ONCE I THOUGHT I GOT YOU BACK! WHY DID YOU GO ALONE AND LOSE YOUR LIFE LIKE THAT?! YOU'RE SUCH AN IDIOT!" His eyes were teary, "AND WHAT DID YOU MEAN 'GOODBYE' IN THAT LETTER?! WHY DID YOU LEAVE THE BRACELET AND RING?! AS WHAT, A THING TO REMEMBER YOU BY?!"

"I shouldn't have done that, but-"

"I GET THAT YOU WERE TRYING TO SAVE YOKOHAMA, BUT WHAT THE HELL, Y/N?!"

"I'm sorry, okay?!" I said, "I should've thought it through before I had done it!"

He leaned his head against my shoulder while sobbing, "You- you were dead, Y/n! You weren't breathing! I thought you were actually gone!"

"I-I was dead?"

"YES, YOU WERE! Your pulse stopped!"

"H-how am I alive?"

Dazai was sniffling. I held him closer to me.

"Y/n..."

"Y-yeah?"

"Promise me you'll never do something like that again. Promise me!"

"I promise."

His grip around me became tighter and he laid his head on my chest. "Just give me a minute.." He mumbled.

I began running my hands through his hair to help him calm down.

After a while, he took a deep breath and looked at me. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine." I said.

"People aren't usually 'fine' when they say they are.." Dazai mumbled.

"I am."

He sighed and held the right side of my face. "If you say so."

I then noticed something.

I don't feel the bandages on my face.

"Why is my eye not bandaged?" I mumbled.

"Yosano was able to heal it.." Dazai explained.

"How am I alive?"

".....Ranpo assumed it was because of my ability whenever I used it on you.. When I used my ability, everything went back to normal. The virus is what killed you..so my ability must've undone your death.."