Chapter 107: Visit with An Enemy

~Dazai's Pov:~
Fyodor looked in the dumpster, "My hat is missing."

"Is this what you're looking for?" I asked.

He looked at me walking down the alley to him. I was wearing his white hat while eating an apple.

"Hey, demon Fyodor."

"It's you." Fyodor said in surprise, "I haven't seen you since Mukorotide."

"A double-pronged that used the masked man as bait. I expected as much from you. I took the liberty of figuring out your escape route and waiting." I pointed at his white hat on my head. "How do I look?"

"Terrible."

"Oh, fine. Have it back then." I dropped his hat on the ground in front of him.

He grabbed it.

"This has your name written all over it." I said, "You tinkered with the poor priest's head and turned him into an assassin and had him attack the leaders of two organizations."

"And what business do you have with me today?" Fyodor asked.

"I think I'll have you tell me what poison you used on my boss." I smiled. "I know what your goal is. In order to obtain the book you need, you'll purge Yokohama of all it's gifted. But you rats don't have the manpower to burn down the entirety of Yokohama the way the guild did. That's why you tried to assassinate the head of the Detective Agency and the Port Mafia. "

"Why do you think that?"

"Because that's what I would do."

"So we're two-of-a-kind. Very well. I'll tell you." Fyodor said, "The poison I used is a cannibalizing ability. It's a viral ability belonging to a certain criminal. A miniscule supernatural lifeform grows to maturity in 48 hours and eats through the two host's bodies. However, if one of the hosts dies, the ability stops."

"To save the president.. The option is to kill the other host, Mori."

"You'll have to give up trying to nullify the ability. To find the virus hiding within, the vital organs and touch it directly is suicidal." He smiled at me. "But I have more than that up my sleeve."

"What'd you have in mind?"

"I've heard of an ability user far better than the others that exist. My second plan is to find this ability user and make them my subordinate."

"Hm, what if the ability user refuses?"

He made an evil smirk, "I have my ways. But.. even they can't nullify the virus ability. What will you do? Will you discuss it with the Port Mafia?"

~Atsushi's Pov:~
Geez.. where is he?

Me and Kyouka were walking around Yokohama looking for Dazai.

~Dazai's Pov:~
"People are sinful and foolish." Fyodor sighs. "Even knowing it's part of a trap, they can't help but kill each other. Someone must cleanse them of that sin, thus I seek the book. Just like this."

I felt pain go through me. I fell to the ground. I saw them on the building behind me.

A sniper... He predicted my actions too..

"I directed him not to shoot your vital organs." Fyodor said. "I need you to carry out your role, which is to report the conflict with the Port Mafia." Fyodor was walking away.

"You said we're two of a kind." I said.

He stopped.

"We are the same kind, but there's just one difference, to the way we think." I felt my hands shake, "You're right that people all are sinful and foolish. But isn't that what's so great?"