CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Olivia is returned home and into her bed before she awoke again

Olivia is returned home and into her bed before she awoke again. Edward towers over her unconscious figure with a frown adorning his face.

He bends down and places a soft kiss on her forehead. Grabbing her hand he sighs into it. "I don't want to do this Swan. The last thing I ever want to do is leave you and Bella."

He glances around her room in dread. Photos of her and Jasper making silly faces and one of her on edwards back were starting to hang on her walls. There was even just one with himself holding up the peace sign. She had threatened to tell Charlie that he still wet the bed so he begrudgingly did it.

Bella had told him her room used to be filled to the ceiling of photos of her friends and family. But when she finally came back to Forks the first thing she did was rip them all down.

"I'm sorry, Olivia." He whispers in her hand. One second he's there, and one second he's gone. All of her photos gone with him.

She slept the whole night and nearly the whole day. She woke up around eight and groaned into the pillow as her head began to pound.

She has to blink a few times to clear her vision but when she does the first thing she notices is her bare walls. Having just woken up she's confused, before it all comes rushing back.

She immediately realizes that she did in fact, have pictures on her wall just yesterday. She jumps out of bed in panic and confusion but as soon as her feet touch the ground she stumbles onto the floor. Everything around her spinning.

"Ah." She winces, putting her hand on her forehead. Wincing again, she looks towards her mirror from the floor and gasps.

She scrambles closer to the mirror and gapes at the four stitches on her forehead. She grabs onto the desk as a crutch and pushes herself to stand. 

She hesitantly lifts her shirt and nearly stumbles back to the floor when she sees the mass bruising all over her abdomen. 

She remembered everything that happened yesterday up until she hit the stairs but she didn't think the damage would be this big. 

Her eyes drift in the mirror and she tilts her head in confusion when she sees a small packet of papers and a medicine bottle sitting on her dresser.

She slowly limps her way towards the paper, more cautious now that she's aware of her injuries. Picking the paper up she sharply inhales.

It was a doctors report and the directions for the pain killers sitting in front of her.

Three broken ribs.

Moderate concussion.

Panic attack.

But that wasn't what hurt the most.

It was the tiny hand writing on the last page of the medical records at the very bottom of the page.

'I'm so sorry, darling.
Our six months are up, I made it worse. I couldn't save you, I put you in danger. But for both of our sakes I hope you'll learn to save yourself.