CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

A month later and Olivia sits at the end of her bed, simply staring at the blank walls

A month later and Olivia sits at the end of her bed, simply staring at the blank walls. Trying to picture what they used to look like with all of her pictures.

All the good memories they took with them.

October came by and Olivia's ribs had began to finally heal. She thought the pain of breathing would heal as well but it only seemed to get harder every day.

November drags by and the neighbors start to get concerned, bringing Charlie food to heat up and give to the girls. Neither had been seen besides Bella in her window daily.

December goes by and Olivia looked thin and frail. The bags under her eyes were darker than they had ever been and the shaking in her hands became more frequent.

Olivia hadn't gone back to being the cold and numb girl everyone thought she would. She was much more emotional. Severely depressed. Always crying. Never eating, or always sleeping.

One evening Bella and Olivia exit the house to find Charlie near the curb of the street, putting the trash into the bins. He noticed their neighbor Bob who was placing two worn down motorcycles near his own bins.

"It's about time you got rid of those. Seen one too many bikers smeared on the highway." Charlie grumbles.

The neighbor waves away his concern. "Save the lecture, chief. Soon as the garbage truck hails em off you and my wife can rest easy." He pauses. "Oh hey, what's the word on that bear problem? Folks are saying they're huge."

Olivia distracted throws her backpack over her shoulder and Bella in her own world, they accidentally ignore their neighbor who only sends Charlie an understanding nod before going back to his own home.

Charlie slams Bella's truck door closed making both girls jump back into reality. "That's it." Charlie sternly says.

"That's what?" Bella nervously questions. She knew her and her sister had been pushing him to the edge lately.

"You're going to Jacksonville to live with your mother." Charlie announces, only towards Bella.

"What, why?" Bella frantically questions. Olivia sighs, taking a seat on the porch stairs knowing she should wait for her turn.

"I just don't know what to do anymore. You don't act like someone left, you're acting like someone died." He points out.

Bella shakes her head. "I'm not leaving Forks. And what about Olivia?"

"Bells, the bastards not coming back." He sighs. "As for your sister... I know being near your mother won't do her any good. She's always excelled being in Forks."

Bella nods in agreement. She knows they weren't coming back and she also knows what her dad said about her sister was correct as well. Renee had thought about sending Olivia back during that year many times. But Olivia adamantly refused, she supposed she just didn't want her dad to see her that way.