CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Olivia walks down the stairs the next morning ready and dressed for the day only to see Charlie cleaning out his guns

She mentally rolls her eyes knowing that Bella was going to ask him to go out with the Cullens at the absolute wrong time.

Charlie looks up and notices her dressed like she was leaving. "Going somewhere?"

She doesn't reply when she hears Bella's loud footsteps coming down the stairs. And sure enough there she was wearing a baseball jersey. "Is it okay if we go play baseball with the cullens?" She questions.

Charlie narrows his eyes at her. "You. Playing baseball?" He questions dumbfounded. "I thought you weren't interested in any boys in town?"

"Technically Edward doesn't live in town." She shyly argues.

Olivia rolls her eyes. "Yes she likes Edward. Yes we're going to play baseball. And Edward and Jasper are coming to formally meet you."

"I've already met Jasper." Charlie says confused.

Olivia's face momentarily falls. "When?"

Charlie's eyes widen when he realizes the boy must have never told the girl. "When he brought you home a few days ago."

Olivia simply grunts and walks back into her room shutting and locking the door.

Charlie walks towards the front door with his gun cocked a few seconds later when he hears knocking.

"Charlie?" Bella questions, pausing his steps. He looks at her and she whispers, "can you be nice? I really like him."

Charlie grunts much like Olivia had and opens the door.

"Hello mr. swan. It's nice to formally meet you. I'm Edward Cullen and this is my adopted brother Jasper Hale." Edward extends his hand towards the man.

Charlie merely stares at the boy before moving his eyes in the direction of Jasper. "Olivia's in her room. Good luck." He says, stepping back allowing the two boys to enter the home.

Jasper's raises his brows in confusion but he lets out an unnecessary breath when he sees edward attempting to hide his amusement. "Thank you Charlie." He replies lowly before making his way up the stairs.

Noticing Olivia's door was shut he contemplates on just walking in but knows that may just fuel her anger more, so he knocks.

He listens to her steps as she jumps up from her bed and swings the door open with an unimpressed expression adorning her face.

"What's wrong, darling?" Jasper curiously questions. His baseball cap keeping his blonde curls tamer than usual.

"You didn't tell me you've met my father." She states and crosses her arms over her chest.

Looking down at his shoes and then back up to her assessing face he apologizes. "I apologize. I didn't realize you didn't want me meeting him. I shouldn't have assumed."

Olivia's stern expression visibly softens. "I didn't mean it like that. It just would've been nice to know." She whispers.

He nods his head with a small smile. "I'll be sure to tell you next time I meet your father for the first time."

She shoves his shoulder with a small snort and walks past him but he speeds in front of her. "You're missing something."

Placing a hand on her hip she taps her foot in mock annoyance. "And what's that?"

Taking his button up baseball jersey off of himself he holds it out for her with a cheeky smirk.

"You're kidding." She deadpans and he simply shakes his head earning an irked expression from her.

She snatches it from his hand and pulls it around her skinny body. The jersey nearly reaches her knees and she sighs loudly before climbing down the stairs noticing the awkward silence as Edward and Bella stand near the door waiting and Charlie intentionally cocks multiple of his guns.

Looking at the pair Charlie jokingly scoffs. "Tell me your secret, seems I can't ever get her to leave that room."

Jasper smirks while Olivia simply rolls her eyes. "She forced me to agree in to being her slave for the rest of her life."

Charlie snorts. "I think that's called marriage son."

Olivia shakes her head at the two as Bella watches in amusement and surprise knowing that Jasper didn't cope very well with being this close to humans, her sister seemed to mellow that urge for him. "We're leaving."

The three follow Olivia out of the house and into the car but not before Charlie threatened to two boys to keep his girls safe.

"Of course sir, we'll have them home by ten." Edward assures him.

As soon as the door is shut Olivia looks at Edward with a teasing smirk. "Kissing his ass isn't a good look on you."

"Eyebrows don't look good on you, maybe I should help you with that problem." Edward threatens with a smile.

Jasper and Bella watch in confusion but happiness none the less that their mates were so open around each other. At first Jasper was angry and hesitant that Edward had gotten to see a part of his mate that he hadn't but now he realizes that he just wanted her to be happy. Bella simply realized that they had a very sibling like relationship and although it made a small part of her sad because she used to have that bond with her sister.

"Die." Olivia deadpans to the man before hopping into the backseat. Edward chuckles to himself knowing she was kidding.

☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽

Olivia walks towards the family with the three and watches in fascination as Emmett hits a ball out of her eyesight within seconds.

"Cool huh?" Jasper nudges her.

Momentarily forgetting she was still a human he nudged her a bit too hard and she was sent falling into the ground. But right before her face could touch the ground Jasper catches her with wide eyes. "I'm sorry, I sometimes forget the difference in our strength." He says ashamed of himself.

She shakes her head with a loud laugh that brings the attention of everyone on the field to her. The family all smile as they watch her reassure a panicked Jasper that it was fine. "That was so funny!" She snorts multiple times before covering her mouth.

"That wasn't funny, you could've gotten hurt." He lightly scolds her.

"I'm fine." She brushes his hands off. The smile slowly falling from her face as she realizes everyone was staring at her. "Let's just play." She mumbles and walks away.