CHAPTER THREE

Olivia had sat in an empty stairwell that no one seemed to use for 2 class periods now

Olivia had sat in an empty stairwell that no one seemed to use for 2 class periods now. She debated on going home but ultimately decided she didn't want to walk.

So she did the next best thing. Pulled out a bottle of whiskey she found in Charlie's kitchen and drank. Drank away the pain she always kept hidden and drank away any fear she felt a couple hours earlier.

Edward has just gotten out of the main office after getting denied from switching classes away from Bella Swan.

He was leaving using the empty stare well planning on ditching school early so that he could leave when he hears a heart beat.

Slowly walking down the stairs he's surprised to see Olivia Swan drinking almost half a bottle of whiskey almost finished.

She looks up when she hears footsteps only to see Edward Cullen. She Ignores him and faces the wall again and taking another chug off the bottle.

Edwards confused when he suddenly gets that urge to protect her and care for her again like in the lunch room.

All his anger and conflicting thoughts immediatly vanish away as he slowly takes a seat one step below the brunette. Although she continues to ignore His presence.

"Drinkings not good for you." He states with an eyebrow raised.

Glancing at him for merely a second she continues ignoring him.

"I saw what happened in the cafeteria." He says trying to get any type of reaction out of her.

"I would be concerned if you didn't." She states numbly, not sparing him a glance.

"Are you okay?" He asks with furrowed brows. Not only in worry but in confusion as to why he cares so much about this human when he knew she wasn't his mate.

"I will be." She says with a small shrug of her shoulders. "Why do you care?"

"I don't know if I'm being honest." He says confused.

"Well thanks for your honesty." She answers bitterly.

"I was just leaving, do you want a ride home?" He asks genuinely.

Choking on the liquid she was drinking in surprise his eyes widen and he pats her back in alarm.

When she settles down her coughing she suddenly tenses. Her breathing begins to pick up again like it did in the cafeteria and Edward inwardly panics.

Heaving for air Olivia grabs onto the metal bars on the stairs and counts to herself in attempt to calm herself down while Edward steps away and watches cautiously.

She lays her head against the bar in exhaustion as she finally calms down her breathing not daring to look up.

"You go into panic every time someone touches you." Edward said as more of a statement than a question. When she doesn't answer he asks, "are you okay to be alone?"

"I'm fine, please leave." She said in the softest tone she had used in over a year, though he wouldn't have known that.

Nodding his head he slowly begins his descent to the door when last minute he stops to look back at her. She was back to staring blankly at the wall but with his enhanced vision he could see her red rimmed eyes.

"I'm leaving town for a couple of weeks. I just wanted you to know that if you ever need anyone to talk to I'm one call away." He says sincerely still surprised at himself.

She doesn't respond but he sees her mouth quirk up in the slightest. Turning around and leaving her sight she lets out a sigh.

Not that she ever would even consider it because she was fine with out talking to him but if she ever did need to call him why would he say that when she didn't have his number.

Rolling her eyes shes confused when her phone beeps. She doesn't get very many messages these days so she curiously lifts her phone to see a message from a random number.

One text away.

Her eyes widen in confusion as to how he got her number but she lets out a bitter chuckle. She could never trust him. She could never trust another boy again.

Figuring she should go to her last class of the day she's as happy as someone like her could be when she stands with out stumbling.

Walking to her last class she ignores all the stares and enters her History AP class.

"Hello Mrs. Swan. You can take a seat next to Mr. Hale right there." He says pointing towards the wavy blond haired man that Jessica had told them about earlier.

As Olivia walked towards Jasper he grabs both sides of his desk clenching as hard as he could with out breaking it. Her blood was tempting him in ways you couldn't even imagine.

He smelt alcohol on her too and glares at the side of her head confused. He then sensed another scent. Edward. He let out a growl so low that no human ears could hear him. Why was Edwards scent on his mate so strong?

This was the possessive vampire coming out in him. And he didn't like it one bit. He wanted to stay as far away from this seemingly emotionless human for as long as possible. He knew it could be a risk if he were to pursue her for his whole family.

He watches as she stares out the window with a blank expression. She was beautiful, there was no denying that. He had yet to see her smile or even laugh since he had seen her this morning.

He's brought out of his thoughts as the bell rings and she bolts out of the classroom with out sparing him a glance.

Olivia gets into the passenger side of the truck waiting for Bella to take them to meet their father at the diner for dinner.

When Bella gets into the car she looks at her sister for a moment. Her mind was a mess as she thinks about Edwards weird actions towards her in biology and what her sister did at lunch.

"Are you okay? It's just that after what happened in the cafeteria I didn't see you at all for the rest of the day an-" Bella is swiftly cut off by Olivia.

"I'm fine Bella." Olivia simply says.

Bella nods her head mouthing a quick 'okay' and starts the drive to the diner.