CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

"You know I don't like your vampire speed Edward

"You know I don't like your vampire speed Edward." She crosses her arms and turns her nose up at him.

Edward groans exasperated. "Why are you so infuriating. It's just so we can get back to the house faster. Unless you would prefer to walk the six miles?"

"I need to stretch my legs a bit, so why not?" She sarcastically smiles, starting her six mile journey.

Edward begrudgingly walks behind her at what feels like a snails pace in comparison of what he knows as a normal speed.

"You could just leave me here, you know?" Olivia offers. "I probably won't get lost."

He stops and shakes his head at her. "I would never."

"But you did." She states.

Both beings stop their walking and stare at each other, unsure of what to say.

"I thought it was best for you." He responds.

"You saw what I went through." She narrows her eyes at him. "You left me anyways."

"I thought it was best for you." He repeats.

"You left me with nothing after making me feel again." Her glare intensifies.

"I thought it was best for you." He repeats. Face masked of all emotions.

She marches toward his still figure and attempts to shove him, he lets her knowing it would anger her more if he didn't move an inch. "You forced me to feel! And then you broke my heart!"

"I thought it was best for you." He says again.

Olivia's face is so red she feels as though she could burst. "Say something else! Why won't you just say it, say you don't care about me!"

"I can't." He stoically responds.

"Right." She scoffs, wiping her tears from her face that had fallen. "You're my protector. You're forced to care about me. Can't say it ever did me much good. I'm leaving, don't follow me."

She stomps away trying to will the tears to stop.

"What happened?" Carlisle speeds into the entry way.

"She fainted." Jasper rasps. Looking around her body for a source of injury with nearly pure black eyes. "Her heart is slowing down, Carlisle do something!"

"Get her into to the hospital." Carlisle demands.

Jasper picks the girl up and gently kisses her forehead. "I love you darlin', please don't leave me."

Olivia gasps as she steadies herself with the tree base. Looking down she realizes she's several stories above the ground. Resting her forehead against the tree she groans. "What the hell is happening?"