CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

"Olivia? Olivia can you hear me?" Is the first thing she hears as she comes to

"Olivia? Olivia can you hear me?" Is the first thing she hears as she comes to. Her head is pounding with every breath she takes and her body feels like a million pounds. Too heavy to move an inch.

"Come on, baby." A familiar voice sighs. "Your grounded forever when you wake up... Actually I'm just attaching our wrists with handcuffs. That's probably safer."

"Daddy?" She whispers with out realizing it.

There's a bunch of shuffling that sounds so loud in her ear before she feels warmth near her hand. "Liv? Can you talk again?"

"Head... hurts." She rasps.

Charlie tearfully chuckles. "Well kiddo, that tends to happen in these situations."

Olivia is finally able to slightly open her eyes but immediately afterwards winces and closes them.

Shuffling is heard again and then Charlie whispers. "The lights are off, I'm going to grab Dr. Cullen now."

"No." She quickly disputes.

"I need to get a doctor, Liv. You've been asleep for two damn days." Charlie sternly tells the girl.

She sighs and looks toward the window. Like always in Forks it was cloudy and gloomy. "Just get me a different doctor."

Charlie sighs but agrees. "Will do, kiddo." He turns around to leave but hesitates. "There's a few people who have been waiting to see you... have been here during all hospital visiting hours every day. I can tell them to go away."

She had a feeling she already knew but asked anyway. "Who?"

"Your sister, Paul, Sam..." He grimaces. "Edward, Jasper."

She stares at the ceiling blankly for a moment. "I don't want to see Bella right now."

Charlie sighs. "What happened to you two?"

"Lets just say we just want very different things in life." She whispers, her heart still hurting.

"Like the Cullen boys?" He bluntly questions.

"Something like that." She waves him off, not wanting to talk about it. He couldn't possibly know she's talking about more than the Cullen's. Their mortality for that fact.

"I'll go get Sam and Paul." And he leaves with out another word, leaving her to her thoughts.

She stares down at her inner elbow that snugly holds an IV in the skin, slowly trailing up toward the surprisingly steady heart monitor and fluid bags.