CHAPTER THIRTY

Olivia had been woken up in the middle of the night by her younger twin sister and she was not happy about it after the past few days she had

Truth be told the two hadn't really talked a lot since the cliff. Bella had almost cost her sister her life with her own recklessness and the twins had no idea how to reconcile that.

"Why are you in my room?" Olivia groaned as she slightly sits up and rubs her eyes.

She tenses as she notices a familiar face a few paces away from her sister in her door way. Truth be told she had been avoiding the Cullen's at all costs.

"I need you to get ready." Bella whispers, careful not to wake Charlie.

"For?" Olivia raises an unamused brow.

"We're taking a vote." Bella responds as she rips the blanket off of her sister.

"And why do I have to be apart of this?" Olivia groans.

"You're my sister." Bella retorts.

"You've made me well aware that the Cullen's are more important than you're sister so I think I'll pass." She harshly whispers.

Bella steps back like her sisters words physically harmed her. "Olivia..."

"I almost died a few days ago Isabella." Olivia snaps. "Because of you, because of you and your obsession with him."

Edward subtly flinches from the hatred in her voice. "Liv.."
He pauses as the girl fumbles to turn on her table lamp. Once light takes over the room his eyes widen in disbelief.

The girl was wearing a tank top and pajama pants but he could almost see every bone in her upper body. Her hands rapid shaking wasn't lost on him either. "Olivia." He croaks. "I'm so sorry."

"Don't be." She snaps again. She hadn't been this snappy or angry the entire time the Cullen's were gone and it was exhausting her already. She sighs and runs her frail hands over her face turning to her sister. "Can I just give you my vote now?"

"I think everyone would prefer to hear it straight from you." Edwards soft eyes and gentle response prods at her like a ticking time bomb.

Olivia closes her eyes for a moment and nods her head. "Yeah. Whatever. Let me change."

The whole car ride was silent and tense. Neither Bella or Edward knowing what to say to the girl and Olivia didn't have much to say to them either. Edward had been trying to read her mind but it was making his head hurt again.

Walking into the Cullen's home would've been something so natural months ago and yet Olivia felt like she was putting herself through hell and back forcing her body to move through the door.

Bella and Edward walk through the door first with Olivia dragging her feet. Her anxiety getting the better of her as she stuffs her shaky hands into her pockets.

Everyone's eyes flicker as the three walk in the room but it's not until Edward and Bella part at the doorway olivia had realized she never felt as exposed as she did in that second.

Worried and terrified eyes scanning her up and down. Jasper takes a step forward but when Olivia flinches back he stops his movements immediately. His emotions becoming devastated. He didn't get this close of a look at her when he had first returned to forks and saw her crying in her room. He had kept his distance figuring that she would come to him when she was ready.

Little did he know about the secret Edward had been keeping from them all. Not only for Olivia's safety and privacy but for Paul's. Edward in no way approved of his imprinting but he knew Olivia cared about him and Jasper may very well murder the shifter when he finds out.

"You all know what Edward wants. And you know what I want. But I won't force myself on you..I think the only fair way to handle this is by vote." Bella's small speech pulls the attention away from Olivia for a few seconds but the families eyes keep flickering between the two swans.

"Just think this through-" Edward begins but he's firmly cut off. "This is my meeting, Edward."

Edward grunts and leans back into the stairs railing. Meanwhile olivia takes a seat on an empty stool too tired to stand.

"However this turns out, I'm not letting the Volturi hurt you. I'll go back to Italy alone, unless Liv is also willing to go." Bella announces.

Olivia's head snaps to her sisters. "Excuse me?"

"Aro saw us both in Alice and Edwards visions. He expects us both to be turned or they'll come for us all." Bella murmurs.

Rage fills Olivia's entire body. Jasper straightens as he realizes this and realizes Bella hadn't told his mate everything that had happened. "And who's fault is that for bringing the Volturi's attention to us!" Her eyes snap to Edward.
"I thought you were dead." Edward weakly defends but the anguish in his eyes shows how much he blames himself.

"Thanks to Bella if I may point out!" Olivia yells. "If I don't want to turn none of you will force me. I'm not taking some stupid vote on my own life. You can't make me."

"They could all die." Bella protests.

"They've lived three times as much as I have." Was all Olivia responded. Did she want any of them to die? Of course not. But they had hurt her and she wasn't willing to sacrifice the one life she did have for beings that have lived three lives and counting. Jasper and her we're not together therefor at this exact moment in time she didn't see any benefit to speak about changing.

"Darling?" Jasper questions, taking a few steps closer. "Can we talk?"

Olivia finally looks in his eyes and it's almost like her world was sewn back together and ripped to shreds all at once. She supposes it's the perk of being both a vampire and a wolfs soulmate.

Her heart was nearly beating out of her chests as she become more and more worked up. All of the vampires become concerned and slowly slip forward.

"You just want me to ruin my whole life after my soul mate left me so that you can finally be what you've been obsessing over since day one? What about what I want? Lord knows you've never once thought about that because you Bella Swan are one of the most self centered people I've ever met!" Olivia is screaming at the end.

"Liv, I'm sorry." Bella whispers out as she cowers into herself. Her sister had never once spoken to her this way, always the protector. Bella had realized how correct her sister had been. She never checked up on her sister and always assumed she'd agree and go with everything Bella had wanted. She assumed they wanted the same things.

Edward couldn't even bring himself to open his mouth. His mate and his protected were on opposite sides and he wouldn't go against Bella because he was the one who had caused her pain and he wouldn't go against Olivia because in a way she was right.

"I'm done." Olivia growls before anyone can say anything else she storms toward the door.

She slams the door open, Jasper and Bella both following quickly after. They pause and become confused.

Olivia had slammed the door open and just stood there, completely still.

"Darlin'?" Jasper questions.

Olivia's eyes roll to the back of her head and her body tumbles forward, inches away from the wooden porch when Jasper catches her body.

"Carlisle!"