CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

Olivia's eyes slowly flutter open and she stares at the ceiling for a few moments before abruptly sitting up

Olivia's eyes slowly flutter open and she stares at the ceiling for a few moments before abruptly sitting up. Her eyes widen in horror and she quickly pulls she sheets back up to her bare chest as her heart nearly beats out of her chest.

Paul lay beside her still snoring away, completely oblivious to the girl about to have a panic attack. Their clothes were sprawled all across the floor and Olivia quietly tip toes around the room to find each of her personal items. She felt... regret. It felt wrong to be with Paul in this way. But she didn't want to stick around when Paul realizes the regret smacked all over her face. She couldn't stand to break his heart again.

They were both drinking and emotions were running high. For a brief moment her mind runs to a certain curly headed blonde but she pushes that back immediately. It shouldn't matter to him who she slept with because their not together. But deep down she knew it was more than that because they were mates.

She walks to the front door and as quickly yet quietly as she can closes the door behind her. A throat clearing makes her spin around at lightening speed.

Sam scans the girl from head to toe and stops at her teary eyes. He can smell Paul's scent all over herself, he can nearly smell the regret as well.

"I-" Olivia can't stop her tears from falling and Sam sighs pulling her into his arms. He had started seeing the Swan girl as some what of a little sister he never had. He didn't know how Paul would react but he knew he couldn't just throw the swan aside when she was clearly right in front of him looking like she hated no one more than herself.

He had come to ask Paul why he had never shown up to the hospital and to also tell Paul what had happened with Jacob and Bella after they had left the cliff. "Come on Liv, I need to speak with you and Paul anyway."

Olivia looks up to him in panic and he shakes his head. "I can take you to Emily's first but he's going to have to hear this, so are you." She stares at him for a moment before hesitantly nodding and getting into Sams truck.

Olivia walks into Emily's home as Paul's truck pulls away yet again to go deal with Paul. Embry, Jared, Emily, and Quil all stop their laughter as they take in her puffy eyes and pale skin. All three of the wolves inhale and their eyes widen, sharing glances.

"Boys. Why don't you go move that wood Sam asked you to yesterday?" She sends them all pointed looks.

"What wood?" Quil questions, everyone's sharp eyes pierce him and he stumbles out of his chair. He clears his throat. "Right! That wood."

Once they've all cleared the room Emily pulls a chair out for Olivia to which she slowly sits in. She takes the seat next to her and holds the girls hand and patiently waits.