CHAPTER ONE

Olivia Swan disinterestedly looks around the busy airport with her left hand on her suitcase handle waiting for her father alongside a nervous Bella at her side

When she finally sees a rusty looking police cruiser with an older scruffy man standing against it awkwardly she slowly walks towards it. Bella who naturally follows after her sister scurries along to follow, nearly tripping over her own bags in the process.

"Hey girls." Charlie says, awkwardly scratching the bottom of his grown out grey beard.

"Hey." Bella quietly says, unsure of what to say to her father that she hadn't seen in years.

Looking towards Olivia for a response Charlie's face lights up a bit waiting for her to jump into his arms with the enthusiasm she did all the times before.

But when she just silently nods her head in greeting and opens the trunk to put her belongings in with not even a single word, Charlie sighs quietly to himself.

Sitting in the back seat of the cruiser Olivia stares out of the window looking at all of the dreary greenery in boredom.

Bella awkwardly sits in the front seat, the tension almost enough to make her want to jump out of the car.

"I see you cut your hair since the last time I've seen you." Charlie gruffly cuts through the silence, his small chin jutting in Bella's direction is the only indication that was meant for her.

"Yeah, I did." Bella mumbles playing with the ends of her hair.

Glancing back at her sister that has no emotion in her eyes whatsoever she silently sighs in sadness. She just wanted her sister back. At least she would fill the silence with Charlie.

She remembers the morning she came home from a "friends" house with bruises all over her body and her face covered in blood. It immediately sent Renee and Bella into a panic rushing towards her asking her what happened.

But they never got a response. Instead she walked straight past the two and went into her room locking the door and taking a 6 hour shower.

Phil and Renee had both tried getting her to open the door. In Bella's opinion they should've broken it open but they were never ones to pry. She used to think that was a good thing.

When she had first locked herself away in her room all those months ago Bella could hear her sobs at night.

She could hear her throwing things against the wall. She could even hear her screaming from what she assumed were nightmares in the middle of the night.

Until one night it all just stopped. No more crying, screaming, or smashing things. Just silence.

Days later she finally came out of her room and she was skinnier than Bella had ever seen her. Her eyes were sunken in with dark bags underneath. Her hair was a mess and she wouldn't look anyone in the eyes. The first time she did Bella froze, her eyes were dead and so cold that it made her flinch.