Two

Reid Maxwell tightened the tie around his neck, his eyes narrowed while he focused on that simple task

Reid Maxwell tightened the tie around his neck, his eyes narrowed while he focused on that simple task. He produced a sigh, grabbing his belongings and making his way out of his hotel room. After riding the elevator, a top hat was placed on his hair while the man walked through the streets of New York.

Many people thought he was a strange man, he didn't speak much and didn't express his emotions. He kept to himself and was quite secretive, he just wanted to live his life without any distractions from other people. But there was one person who broke down his walls, his best friend Samuel.

Samual White was a 31 middle-aged man, who looked older because of the evident wrinkles next to his eyes. The man had a Brazilian wife, with three kids and every time, Reid saw him, there was a faint cigarette smell to him. The Zenos family had lived in Brazil a few years back before they moved to Italy and finally to New York. Reid and Samuel have stayed in touch, they considered themselves to be brothers.

After the man knocked on the front door of the townhouse, Cassandra Zenos opened it. He nodded at the wife, taking his hat off and tilting his head down in respect, something he didn't do quite often. "Look at that, Reid being respectful,"

It was obvious the two had their quarrels before but they had finally come to positive terms. He chuckled, while she rolled her eyes and moved her body to the side, gesturing for him to enter. "Now come in boy, Respectful mouths get fed,"

"Uncle!" A small 4-year-old child ran up to Reid, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her for a hug. She giggled, as he lifted her and spun her in the air. He always had a soft spot for her, he was her godfather.

"Athena. I can't believe you still remember me. It's been a while, I haven't seen you since you were," He held up two fingers, and she counted softly. "Two,"

"Exactly," He smiled, just before her two brothers ran up to him, Ares and Adonis. Ares was only 3, and he was the tallest out of all of them. "There are my boys!"

"Hey, Uncle Reid," They both said before running off, probably to finish their game of tag. Reid handed Athena to her mother before he patted her nose with his finger earning a giggle. "Where's your father?"

"Right here, Mr. Maxwell," Samuel Zenos said, while he leaned on the nearest wall. Reid smiled, pulling his old friend a much-needed hug. "Mr. Zenos, it's been a while,"

"Yes, I can see the grey hairs starting to grow on you. What are you doing in New York other than coming to my dinner?" The man said once they broke apart.

Reid ran his hands through his hair. "I'm selling my work to the Mayor for the Gallery tomorrow. His wife is like crazy about my stuff—,"

"Did you just say the fucking Mayor? As in the Mayor of New York?" Samuel asked, his eyes narrowing.

"Samuel!" His wife said while covering Athena's ears who only giggled. "Daddy said a bad word!"

Reid and his best friend shared a few chuckles, but Cassandra just shook her head. "No baby, don't listen to him," She said, patting her back.