Eighteen

Kenneth lifted his hands and slowly sat in his office chair, his eyes bouncing to the clock on the wall

Kenneth lifted his hands and slowly sat in his office chair, his eyes bouncing to the clock on the wall. The atmosphere was thick and the tension was enough to cut an apple in half. Reid poured himself a glass of Brandy from the alcohol stand, before taking a seat in front of him. The gentleman crossed his legs after he leaned his umbrella on his chair.

Diana sat next to him, it was obvious she was still shaken up about the incident. He placed his hand on her arm, grabbing her attention. "Blondie, Jasmine's waiting outside in the car outside,"

"I'm not leaving when I know you're capable of using that pistol,"

"I won't," He whispered, looking at Kenneth. "I only brought it to scare him. A pistol is too good for someone like him. This motherfucker is going to jail where he is going to rot for the rest of his days. I just need to have a little chat with him, one on one,"

She slowly nodded, standing up from the seat. Kenneth watched as she bent down and connected lips with Reid, something that made his fingernails dig into the palm of his hands. He had never imagined his wife kissing another man. Even though they were both cheating on each other, it fucking hurt.

When they finally broke apart, she smirked, wiping the edge of her lips before walking out. Reid turned to the Mayor and pulled out his gun with his left hand while holding his glass in his right.

"Do you want to hear a story, Mayor?" He said, earning a confused glare from Kenneth. He immediately felt his body tense, he could lose his life at any moment.

"14 years ago, there was a boy. A small boy who had just come back from playing basketball with his friends. He had glasses, a few pimples, and scrawny arms but it was normal because puberty was evident during this time of his life. He returned home, only to see his mother dead on the floor with a bullet hole between her eyes and a note. The note explained that she couldn't handle being pregnant by her husband who constantly hurt her," Reid assured with a deep undertone to his voice.

"I killed my father with this gun," He held up his pistol, taking a sip of his Brandy. "Tell me why I shouldn't do the same with you,"

The Mayor frowned, pressing his lips together. "You don't have to do this. I'm your friend. Think of all the memories we have together,"

"I'm gonna be honest with you, Kenneth. I only tolerated you because I wanted your wife. I was after her the whole time, I didn't give a fuck about you," Reid assured. "Tell me where the recorder is,"

"You want to expose me?"

"You're a fucking pathetic man who hits his wife. Of course, I want to expose you. I mean, it's either that or—," He said, taking the silencer off the pistol. "You lose your life,"