Twenty Two

"Welcome, Mr

"Welcome, Mr. Maxwell and Miss Kingsley to your all-inclusive boat ride. Since you have requested English as your main language, we will abide by your desires.  My name is Sophia, the event coordinator. Today we will travel across the shore of Italy for the rest of the day and our staff will offer our signature cocktails, and five-course meals,"

Reid and Diana walked into the expensive yacht, about five workers offering them smiles. Just then, Captain Leonardo walked down the stairs and introduced himself. Shortly after, the boat began treading through the water while Italian music played through the speakers.

Diana sat down on the bench, pulling out a book from her bag. Reid pulled himself closer to her, asking if she would like anything but she shook her head and continued reading. Ever since they had their argument, she was practically ignoring him and he was lucky when she gave him a nod. It was driving him insane. She said she had forgiven him but clearly, it wasn't the case.

When he stood up and walked off, she closed her book and trained her eyes on his back while he walked away, guilt eating itself through her body. She hated acting like this to him but she was an over-thinker. Her last marriage proved to be traumatic.

"Reid?" She called out, and he halted his steps. When he turned to face her, she smiled softly. "I'm sorry. I don't like being a bitch to you. You didn't know she was going to be here and I should have trusted you. It's just with Kenneth he would say one thing and it wouldn't be true,"

The Maxwell sat down next to her, and grabbed her hand, running his thumb over her knuckles. "I'm not Kenneth, Diana,"

"I know," She said, cupping his cheek with her other hand, and he gently leaned into her touch. "And I know you would never hurt me. I just get jealous sometimes,"

He chuckled, pecking her lips and releasing a small groan. "It only makes you even more sexier,"

"Shut up," She giggled.

An hour later, They gathered at the table and the workers placed plenty of meals in front of them. Before Diana could dig in, Reid made sure she could pronounce all their names correctly. "This is Gnocchi with Tomato sauce, it's small rounds of potato dough,"

She picked up the Gnocchi with a spoon. "Gnocchi,"

"How does that taste?" He asked as they both tasted it before he waited for her reaction. She scrunched her nose, and slowly shook her head. "Not my type,"

He rolled his eyes while he finished chewing. His eyes landed on the uncooked ham in front of them and he could hear his stomach rumbling. "Prosciutto di Parma,"

"I'll pass," She assured, wiping her hands in the napkin and pointing to another meal. "What's this?"

"Panzerotto Fritto is known as Fried Panzerotti. You'll like this one," He said, picking up a portion and feeding it into her mouth. She took a small bite, using her hand to cover her mouth as she chewed. "That's really good. I like it,"