Twenty Four

"It has been four weeks since Kenneth Samuels has died in The Manhattan Correctional Facility

died in The Manhattan Correctional Facility. His body was found hanging by a rope made out of pillow cases and there were multiple injuries on his body. He had 27 bruises scattered on his skin, his fingernails were ripped out, his tongue and his ears were cut off, and his eyes were gauged. All of the phone lines were cut so there is no way to trace any of the calls. It is believed that one of the guards did this while Mr. Kenneth was alive. Authorities have officially confirmed there is no evidence to suggest who specifically could have done it, and without solid evidence soon, the case will be forced to close. Next, we'll forecast Ruth Rodriguez's inauguration as the next female Mayor of New York City,"

Having turned off the television, Diana released a much-needed sigh as she stood up from the chair and began pacing around the bedroom. No matter how much Kenneth hurt her, she never wanted him to die. She never wanted anyone to die because her heart was so full of love.

"Jesus, Diana. It's 6 am in the fucking morning," A low rumble erupted from Reid's chest which was only met with an eye roll from the blonde. "I can hear every fucking step you take on that damn floor,"

It was no secret the Maxwell worshiped his sleep. When he woke up before he needed to, he was always grumpy.

"Oh god," She panicked, running her hands through her blonde hair, while she tried to focus on her breathing. "What if he's dead because of me?"

"What the fuck did you just say?" Reid asked, his eyes opening as he lifted himself off the bed. "I-I put him in there, this is all my fault. I'm a murderer,"

He rolled his eyes, standing up from the bed and pulling her towards him. He cupped her cheeks, forcing her to look at him. "Don't say that shit, again. It's not your fault. Kenneth probably had a lot of enemies. I mean the damn man was the Mayor,"

She nodded, using a napkin to wipe the perspiration that was on her forehead. Once again, she was overreacting. "You're right. I'm just thinking too much of it,"

Reid's adam apple bobbed up and down while she began packing her purse for the day. She looked so innocent and he couldn't fathom the idea of lying to her. He grunted out a curse, running his hands through his strands. "It was me. I had him killed,"

Diana lifted her gaze to him, her lips forming a small pout. "What?"

"I ordered a prisoner in there to torture and kill Kenneth. He made sure he felt the pain that you felt,"

"You said you wouldn't hurt him," She said, taking a step back. "So you've known about this for the four weeks that he's been dead and you never told me? All this time, I always thought it was my fault,"