Ten

The District Attorney placed her hands together while slowly walking in front of the chalkboard

The District Attorney placed her hands together while slowly walking in front of the chalkboard. Today, she was called to Colombia University so she could lecture the law students about her career. For the last two days, she didn't sleep at all. Her mind wasn't able to rest and it all had to with the kiss. Her lips were still on fire, and she felt the same way she did when she was a teenager in love.

When Reid and Diana finally broke apart, she placed her fingers over her lips, taking a second to think. She didn't know what to say, she didn't know what to think. A second ago, Reid was what she truly wanted but now, all she wanted was to escape from the torture. The guilt was eating her alive, she was never the type to cheat on her significant other.

Before he could even say a thing to her, she lifted her dress and walked away.

Diana and Kenneth shared a marriage of love and benefits. He fell in love with her and when he realized the public adored her too, he asked her to marry him. This helped solidify his campaign for Mayor, a few years ago. When she wasn't the DA, she was still a very successful lawyer in the city.

Even though they slept in different rooms, they still had breakfast together and met up for leisurely activities. They had a healthy relationship because they enjoyed each other's company but also respected their privacy.

She took a breath and smiled at the students, remembering when she was in their position. "My name is Diana Samuels and I am the District Attorney of New York City. Does anyone know what the DA does?"

The students looked at each other, waiting for someone to answer her questions. Just then, a girl with blue eyes and black hair raised her hand. "They're the highest level Attorney in a district,"

"That is correct," Diana said, adjusting the reading glasses that sat on the bridge of her nose. "So once the DA is elected, they can make important decisions in and out of the courtroom. They can investigate allegations and decide if charges should be pressed, ask a special prosecutor or another agency to investigate law enforcement misconduct, create programs or specialized units, or hire investigators to investigate cases or Assistant District who will prosecute cases. That's just outside of the courtroom," She said, her eyes bouncing from student to student.

"Now, in the courtroom, the DA can decide the seriousness of charges. For example: will the charge be a felony or misdemeanor? They can also request bail or bond in a case and negotiate a plea deal with the accused,"

"Can you pardon someone?"  One of the students asked, and she chuckled softly to herself. "I'm afraid not. My husband can't even do that, but the Governor can,"

"How much do you earn?"

The rest of the college students laughed at his inappropriate question and she noticed the slight blush he wore. "No, it's alright. About $250,000, but once again, it is a one-year job. Any more questions?"