Nineteen

Diana crossed her legs, moving her hair over her shoulder

Diana crossed her legs, moving her hair over her shoulder. Ondini Mae Cameron sipped her tea politely, sticking her pinky finger out once she adjusted her outfit. The two ladies sat down for brunch to discuss recent events.

"Frankly, I'm not upset with you," The blonde assured, letting her eyes wander around the restaurant before meeting Ondini's. "I'm actually quite happy that you had an affair with Kenneth. Consider it the escape that I needed,"

The woman sent a small smile, an awkward tension filling the air.

"Do you love my husband, Ondini?" Diana asked, narrowing her eyes and tilting her head to the side. Ondini just looked down at her teacup, a small frown settled on her lips. "Isn't love a little overrated?"

"So you don't,"

"Not exactly," She sighed. "I found adrenaline being with the Mayor and how could I possibly love a man that slapped me?"

Diana's eyes widened. With parted lips, she shook her head, disapprovingly. "He hit you too?" The blonde asked, confusion evident in her features.

"I thought he would change but he didn't. Silly girl," She chuckled, running her hand through her curled brown hair. "Listen, Ondini. Kenneth is considering going to trial. If he does that, he can lessen his sentence. The plea deal is 15 years but with the trial, since he's the Mayor, he could possibly get 7 or 8 years instead. I need him to admit that he is guilty,"

Ondini chuckled and leaned back in her chair. "Tell me what I have to do, Diana. Let's make him regret ever putting his hands on women,"

In front of them was her husband with bandages on his face, an orange jumpsuit clung to his body

In front of them was her husband with bandages on his face, an orange jumpsuit clung to his body. Diana noticed the dark bags under his eyes and the cuts on his face, he looked a mess. She didn't feel sorry for him, she did feel anything. This was payback for everything he had put her through in the last four years.