Sixteen

Reid adjusted his cuff links, letting his eyes wander to the massive country club in front of him

Reid adjusted his cuff links, letting his eyes wander to the massive country club in front of him. Today was the Peach Tree Society's Anniversary Gala. The only reason he was here was that he had just returned from his Presidential Suite and he found out Diana was attending with her husband. Only the richest of New York were allowed entry, it was a gala for A List Guests.

After he was cleared at the front doors, he walked inside and ordered himself a drink at the bar. There were about 200 people who attended, some of them chatting while others were listening to the classical music the live band played. Once he received his drink, he thanked the bartender and walked toward the center.

When he spotted Kenneth who talked amongst other men, his eyebrows furrowed together. Where the hell was his blondie? As the man offered him a small wave and ushered him over, Reid took a sip of his Brandy and headed that way. "Mr. Maxwell, it is great to see you,"

"Likewise, Mayor," He said, before turning his attention to the men. "This are my business associates, Marcus, Liam, and Chris—,"

Suddenly, a loud wave of laughter touched the four walls and Reid turned his head. Diana was chatting with a group of ladies, holding a small glass of sparkling water. She wore a light yellow dress with the newest designer heels. Her blonde hair was pulled into a high ponytail revealing the expensive diamond earrings she wore. When she connected eyes with Reid, her face lit up and her orbs filled with affection. 

She excused herself and walked over to the boys, standing in between Kenneth and Reid. "Mr. Maxwell,"

"Mrs. Samuels," He said, trying to hide the fact that he was having an affair with the woman next to him. Kenneth's business associates walked off after finishing their conversation, leaving the trio alone. When Kenneth wasn't looking, Diana tapped her cheek and Reid gave her a peck, earning a blush from her.

"The weather is quite nice. I think it went in the 80s today, which is interesting for April," The Mayor assured, Diana burned her eyes into the side of his face. She could only think about him and his mistress.

"Many of my friends are driving down to Long Beach before the weather gets rainy out again," Reid verbalized, Kenneth's eyes traveling behind him.

"Excuse me," He said, suddenly walking away from them. When Reid was about to speak to Diana, he felt a presence behind him as he turned his head.

"Fiorella,"

"Reid," She said, offering him a small smile. "I must say you are a hard man to find but when I saw you here, I just knew I had to come to say hello. I saw your interview on Jimmy Fallon,"

The Maxwell frowned, her hand trailing up his arm as she pulled herself closer. Diana crossed her arms, looking the woman up and down before rolling her eyes. He grabbed Fiorella's wrist, and took a step back, earning a confused glare from her. "You didn't really think the woman I had my eye on was you? We don't even know each other,"