Nine

Samuel Zenos looked around the new Maxwell Estate, with parted lips and widened eyes

Samuel Zenos looked around the new Maxwell Estate, with parted lips and widened eyes. He was more than happy to have his best friend move to America, but that didn't mean he didn't question his true motives. "This has to be about 20 million, right here. Why did you buy it?"

Reid looked at him, confusion laced in his dark eyes while Charlotte cut his hair. She had practically forced him to change his look, convincing him that more people will like him without his long hair. He looked down at that statement but decided to give his assistant a chance.

For the past couple of days, he's only been working. His schedule consisted of waking up, workout, working, and sleep. Of course, whenever he was free, he always invited Samuel over.

"You're a 28-year-old man who moved into his amazing mansion but you're alone,"

"I'm not alone, Charlotte and Matteo are with me. And I'll hire housekeepers, gardeners, and chefs soon," He shrugged, earning an eye roll from the older man.

"Okay, so what do you think?" Charlotte asked, her right hand holding the clipper. He looked in the mirror, and shrugged, a look of indifference in his eyes.

 He looked in the mirror, and shrugged, a look of indifference in his eyes

"It's okay," He mumbled, and she scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Your birth was okay,"

Just then the front door rang, and Charlotte placed the clipper down. "I wonder who it could be. I'll be back,"

"So who's the girl? The one that's making you act like this?" Samuel asked, changing the conversation once she left.

"It doesn't even fucking matter anymore," He assured, playing with the silver rings on his fingers. "Fucked up guys like me don't get the girl,"

"Are you in love, Mr. Maxwell?" Samuel  asked, a mischievous glint in his eyes while he caressed his beard. Reid and he had been friends for about 7 years and he had never seen Reid act like this for a woman. Sure, The Maxwell slept with his fair share but he never put down 20 million on a house.