C H A P T E R | 01

Chapter 01: 5 years Later.

"Mint, get ready, you have a school today!" Arthit said, waking up his little angel. "Papa!" She exclaimed as the first thing that she saw was her papa when she woke up.

"Goodmorning~" Arthit said, into a sweet voice. "Goodmorning!!"

She picked her up and went straight to the bathroom to bathe her.  While dressing her up, he asked her on what she would love to eat for breakfast. She then answered, "I want pancakes papa!" She exclaimed and smiled.

"Alright Pancakes it is." He said and made their way to the kitchen. She sat on her place while Arthit was busy making the pancakes.

"Alright, Pancakes ready!" He said and put a pancake into mint's plate.

"Thank you, papa!" Mint exclaimed, he drool over the pancakes. "Can you put the maple syrup please?" Yup, there it is again, her big puppy eyes.

He couldn't help but to chuckle at her. "Fine, fine." He said as he poured the syrup to her pancakes.

"There you go!" He exclaimed, "Thank you, Papa. You are the best!"

"Of course, who else?" He asked, She shrugged as she ate a slice a pancake to her mouth.

Arthit could only looked at her, thinking that he got deja vu as he looked through his daughter. It was all the same, from the skin color, the way she eats, the way she talks, the way she smiled and even the way she sleeps. It was like she gotten his other parents features, not just from looks but also her personalities. In short, All Kongpob's straits were passed to her.

"Kong..." Arthit muttered unknowingly. Mint looked at him with a puzzled face and asked, "Kong? Who was he, papa?"

"Uh... No one, dear. Right, go eat faster you have school today." He avoided the question and Mint nodded.

He stood up and went up to pack Mint's things, including her lunch.

"Are you done?" Arthit asked as he went back to Mint. She nodded her head and Arthit grabbed her plate to put it in the sink. "Go ahead, Mint. Brush your teeth." He said and the little one nodded her head, running straight to the bathroom while Arthit was washing the dishes.

After that, Mint finally got out of the bathroom, "Have you brush it well?" He asked and Mint nodded. "Yes papa!"

He smiled then said, "Then, wait me here okay?" He asked and Mint nodded, he then went to his room to change to his work clothes. While waiting, Mint grabbed her backpack and lunch, which Arthit prepared beforehand and she wore her shoes.

After a while, Arthit came downstairs with his work clothes and his sling bag which was across his body. He smiled and said, "Let's go!" He said and grabbed her hand.

For him, Mint was his everything. He could trade anything but not his Mint. He learnt to be more mature and be more strong as he needs it for Mint. You know, being a single parent with two roles to play was really hard, especially during the first year.

Arthit couldn't sleep soundly and peaceful as Mint always cry any time she wants. Either she's hungry or to change her diapers or, she just want Arthit to hug her.

Arthit even remember when there was a time when Mint really had a high fever, he was really paranoid and don't know what to do, luckily, she survive it and after that incident, Arthit have been trying anyway possible just to spend every second of him and always put mint first.

"Alright, we are here!" Arthit exclaimed as he pull off his car Infront of her school. He unbuckled her and grabbed her backpack and walked her to her room.

"Babye papa!" She said as she waved her hand to him. She run to the room and looked again to Arthit who was there, standing and smiling at her.

"Study hard, Mint!" He said to her and she gave him a big smile. She then run inside as her teacher called out. She will be staying there until her papa picks her up.

Arthit, on the other hand, he went back to the car and drove off to his workplace. He was transferred to a new company after he went back to Bangkok and Earth joined him, afterwards while Todd on the other hand was transferred overseas. Wondering why they were transferred? Well, after Arthit flew back to Chang Mai, the Ocean Eletric closed down due to many issues, especially because of bankruptcy.

Good thing is, he was transferred to the company near his house and Mint's school. This company was referred by Maprang to him as the company was accepting employees and he got a spot. The job was also high paying so, Arthit really never struggled financially.

"Oh, Goodmorning Arthit!" Earth greeted. "How was Mint?"

"Well, she was still the same jolly and cheerful girl. I just dropped her off the school." He said. "Goodmorning, P'Arthit!" His co-worker, Jeed, greeted. "Morning!"

Just as he put his stuffs to his desk, Prae and Maprang walked in and everyone stared at Maprang.

"What happened to you, Maprang?" Jeed asked.

"I didn't get to sleep well last night." She said and pouted. "That sucks." Jeed commented.

"Goodmorning!" Duen, Arthit's new co-worker greeted and everyone greeted him back. And started their day as they have bunch of things they need to do, today.

"Hey, P'Arthit. These were the files that you needed" Duen asked. "Thanks, Duen" He grabbed the folder from Duen.

They are working into a big project that they will represent by the end of the month. Everyone was too focused as it was a big project that they are dealing today. If you look outside of their office, you could see how hectic the office were. Too many faxing and calls that they have to do today and the only break they could have was lunch time.

Arthit was too focused on his work and he never gotten track of time. It was already 5:35 in the afternoon when he was tapped by Maprang, "Aren't you gonna come out Phi?" She asked and Arthit looked at the clock. He noticed that he was supposed to pick up Mint, "Right, i am going."

Arthit was now packing his things. "See you tomorrow, Arthit." Earth said and earned a smile from him.

"See you."

He wore his sling bag and turned off his PC. He made his way out from the office. He opened his car and started the engine. "Maybe, i should buy strawberry cake." He said and smiled as he think that mint would love it.

After a while, he then, went to the nearest cafe, but then when he was about to open the door, someone already did. He was shocked to see the man standing Infront of him.

"You..." He was too shock to speak but then, the other spoke, "P'Arthit..."

The person who was Infront of him, it was indeed him. The person he wishes not to see. The father of his daughter, Kongpob.

C H A P T E R | 01
by: anonymouslylazy