C H A P T E R | 33

Chapter 33: Mint dreamt about who?

"Nana, why are you looking at me like that?" She asked, looking at her grandmother who was frozed in spot. "Well...i..."

Mint tilted her head a little and gave a questionable look at her grandmother. "I don't know, dear. Why'd you ask?"

"Well, Nana. I dreamt about him last night." She finally told her. Her grandmother then, squat down to her height. "About what?" She asked, caressing Mint's hair.

"Well, I dreamt about daddy last night. Me and papa was playing in the play ground and then, he called me out. I looked at him as soon as he called me. He then offered his hand to me, telling me to come to him. I then grabbed papa's hand and run with him to follow daddy.

Papa doesn't seem to refuse and he was happy. I then, held his hand and we started to walk away. Me and papa was happy, talking to him but, sadly I couldn't see his face. I only saw him from shoulders to toe. The next thing was, i already woked up."

Her grandmother gulped. She stared at her granddaughter, without uttering any word. Mint was confused about her grandmother's actions but the moment was interrupted when, they both heard a voice calling them. "Mint, here's your ice cream."

Mint looked at him and her eyes immediately shines as she saw the ice cream in her papa's hand.

"What are you two doing?" He suddenly asked. Arthit's mother didn't said a word while Mint was busy eating her ice cream.

"Why are you looking like that, mom?" Arthit asked. His mother looked at him and hesitate. She don't know whether he would be glad to hear what Mint said earlier but, her thoughts were vanished away when Mint suddenly asked, "Papa, how do daddy looked like?"

She asked the same question again, to her papa who was also dumfounded. "What?"

"Well papa, i had a dream last night." She started. Mint then began telling him what she had just dreamt, just like what she told to her grandmother.

Arthit of course had the same expression as his mother. He don't know whether he will be happy or what. They are still walking around the mall, while Mint was telling her dream.

"Then, have you saw his face?" Arthit asked. Mint shooked her head saying, "I didn't papa. I only saw him, from shoulders to toe. I couldn't see his face because it was very bright."

Arthit nodded his head, thank god Mint didn't saw his face or else. Finally after sometime, they all found themselves in a restaurant nearby to eat. Mint wouldn't stop blabbering about her daddy, and how she imagined everything with him. Like, "If we go to family picnics. Daddy will help papa to lay the mat then the food and then daddy would play with me and ran around while papa was taking pictures. I also thing I'd we go to family trips together......."

Arthit of course couldn't help it but to look at his daughter with a pity in his eyes. This things that mint wanted to do with him was all Arthit could think about the whole time.

After Mint talked for hours, she finally gave in and, already dozed off in the car. Arthit carried her, carefully into the house and laid her into the bed and tucking her in.

As Arthit was coming down to the stairs. He saw his mother was sitting in the patio, in the small backyard so he went to her. She gave him a smiled and motioned him to sit next to her.

"Mint really wanted to see him." His mother stated. Arthit just listened to her, and hummed in a response.

"She was still young. You should understand her because she was just little. She was just a small little kid who just wanted to feel love from her father."

"Isn't my love good enough for her? And, what's the difference between my love and her father's love?" He asked, looking at the blue sky above.

"Of course, they are different, son. Your love for Mint was a motherly love. A love that gave her comfort, and the love that she had always with her since day one. While, his love for her was a fatherly love. A love that gave her protection. The love that she didn't had a chance to feel. Your love was more than enough for her, but, sometimes she will crave for a fatherly love that she never experienced and, wanted to feel." His mother then held his hands, "So you see, your love was more than enough for her, it was just, she craved for a fatherly love."

His mother then looked at him. "Mint only wants a fatherly love. As a kid, she will definitely ask everything about him, just to know him. She only wanted to feel that she has a father that love her, just like you."

"But mom, i sometimes felt scared." Arthit stated. "I felt that, i didn't done the right thing."

"Why so?" His mother asked. He then, looked at his mother and looked straight in the eyes.

"Because, if I did told him that, i was pregnant that day, when he asked me to give him my reason, maybe, things here would be better. If I didn't lie to him, things might be easier for me to handle."

He teared up, he knows that the decision in the past was never been right. Never.

Yet, he still lied, not only to Kong and Mint but also to himself. That time, when Kongpob saw his stitch and stretch marks, he was like flashed by a bucket of a cold water.

And, when Kongpob found the truth, he felt like thousands of knives stabbed him. And, last, he know that he don't deserve him.

He don't deserve the good treatment like Kongpob had showed him or, Kongpob didn't deserve someone like him, and he deserved someone who was more worth for Kongpob.

That's right. He don't deserve it, he don't deserved all of it.

C H A P T E R | 33
by: anonymouslylazy