C H A P T E R | 31

Chapter 31: Moon

"You what?" Aim and Oak shouted together. "How could you do that?"

"I don't know, but i just ran away and-" Kongpob was explaining something when, Aim cut him off.

"Don't tell me that, it was because of P'Arthit i-" It was Aim's turn to be cuted off. "But what if I tell you he is the reason."

"Wait, wait. Don't tell me it was because he threatened you, or, forced you to get back with him." Oak chimed in. "It's not like that. I was just...."

"Was just?" The were all ears up to hear Kongpob's statement. "It was just, it was me." The two arched their eyebrows. "It was just I figured out that i wanted to spend the rest of my life with him."

The two were puzzled. How could Kongpob say these words as they know that, Kongpob said that Arthit already started a family himself. "Kong, are you sure?" Aim asked. "I mean, you said it yourself that, he had a family now. He is a married man with a child."

"That is what I also thought at first. But, i was wrong." He said, sipping the remaining beer on his glass. "Wrong? You mean, it was not his daughter? Or, he was not married?" Oak asked, completely curious. "That...he was not married."

"So, you mean, P'Arthit impregnate some girl and the girl ran away, leaving the kid at him?" Aim asked. The two was too logical here, and Kongpob couldn't blame them.

"No." Kongpob simply replied, "Then, he adopted the kid?" Aim asked again.

Kongpob shooked his head, "Then, how on earth did he had a kid?" Oak asked.

"It was because of me." Kongpob replied and the two looked at him like he was some sort of wizard who appeared Infront of them.

"Wait, wait. I could not get you, Kong."

"That kid I saw was, mine and his child. He is asexual. At first, i don't know about that and, i also just found out about it, recently."

"So, you mean, P'Arthit could give birth, isn't it?" Oak asked. Kongpob just looked at him and dint said any word and continued to gulp the rest of the beer, left at his glass.

The two were puzzled with the attitude of his and shared a look. It was like, Oak and Aim were splashed by a cold water in the revelation of Kong.

"Silence means yes." Aim said and took a sip into his drink.

__

Arthit finally was in the balcony of his old room and, he was looking at the moon, shining brightly above the sky.

Looking at the moon, itself, his longing for someone lessen. But, sometimes, he couldn't help but to think about him, everytime he was always looking at the moon. "Kongpob...."

His star gazing was then, interrupted when, he felt a hand, touching his shoulders. He looked at the figure who was smiling at him. "I made you something to drink so, you could sleep soundly. Here, drink it while it was still hot." His mother said, giving him a white mug with a tea bag placed in it.

"Thank you, mom." He simply thanked the elder, who was smiling happily. She then, stood next to him and looked at the moon.

"Something is bothering you, isn't it?" His mom asked. "You have been looking at the sky, eversince. Tell me, Arthit. Why do you always look at the moon?" His mother asked.

"No reason, mom."

"Arthit, i am your mother. You could never lie to me, so, tell me. What is the reason behind it?" His mother again asked.

"It reminds me of a person, mom." He said in a low tone. His mother chuckled and said, "It was Mint's father, wasn't it?"

Arthit looked at his mom. "Tell me, Arthit. It was him, isn't it?"

Arthit nodded his head. "You really love him, so much, don't you?" His mom stated, "It had been 6 long years, but, you still couldn't let go of your feelings."

"No, i..." Arthit was hesitant but then, his mother continued. "You saw him again, didn't you?"

She looked at her son who was just staring at her, "The world is small, son. It was possible for you guys to meet again."

"Mom i-"

"You don't have to say any word Arthit. I know you don't want to talk about this topic yet but, i just want to tell you that, if you are ready to tell me, you can, anytime."

Arthit took a breath and looked at his mother's eyes. "I did met him mom." He stated. "I want to tell you everything, mom." He smiled.

He then, started to tell every detail of how Kongpob challenged him and how he chased him, how they separated, how they met again, how Kongpob found out about his stitch and stretch marks, about Mint and how, Kongpob spend the rest of the day with their daughter, and of course the story couldn't be complete without him, telling about the cold war between them.

His mother were all ears up as he tells the story. She was happy that her son finally opened up, and know the reason why he always looked at the moon.

At last, Arthit's mother comforted him about it and, fully supported her son on what decision would he choose from himself.

"Be happy son. Follow what you want, and if you like to, spend the rest of your life with him and, wanted your family to be one, do it. You've already sacrificed everything for him, now it was time for you to choose." His mother said, caressing his cheeks.

This is all Arthit needed, an advice. An advice that, makes him happy, not just in to the present times but also, in the future, together with his daughter.

"Thank you, mom. Thank you for supporting me and i promise you, I will choose what's the best for me and Mint." He said, smiling at his mom.

C H A P T E R | 31
By: anonymouslylazy