C H A P T E R | 42

Chapter 42: Sick

It was a Saturday night, and Arthit was casually in the kitchen, cooking for dinner. He was cooking just for the two of them, Mint and Him.  While as Kongpob was still in his office, finishing the unfinished documents during the past week.

It had been two days that had passed, since they gotten, together again. The two couldn't be any happier. Soon, in three days, their family will be a whole one.

Arthit and Kongpob was being excited to the surprise plan. He was actually planning, on telling his friends, about the surprise and hoped that it would turn out well, especially to Knot. He actually made an appointment for them, to meet at Bright's bar.

Now, Arthit turned off the stove, and poured everything in the bowl to serve. And, as he set the table, he called out for Mint.

But, after he finished setting everything up, Mint was still not coming down, which is unsual. "Mint!" He called out again.

Still, there's no response nor she was coming down the stairs. Arthit then, finally came upstairs to look what was going on. As he opened the door, he saw Mint in her bed, laying. He went near her, and looked at her. Her forehead was filled with sweats and she was all covered up in her blanket from shoulders to toe.

Arthit touched her neck and it was burning hot. He quickly picked her up while the blanket was wrapped in her. Arthit rested her head into the crook of his neck and shoulders, while her hand were wrapped in his neck.

"Hold tight, okay. Hold tight, Mint."

"Papa..." She said in a low tone of voice. "It's okay, Mint. Papa's here, okay?" He rubbed his hand on her back, as they were walking down the stairs. He quickly grabbed his wallet and keys.

He quickly put his shoes on and turned off the lights and locked the door on the way.

He was in rush. He was quite trembling seeing his daughter in such a state. He laid her in the back seat, and rushed over to the driver seat. He could hear, Mint, breathing heavily, as if she was lacking some air.

"Mint, hold there okay, papa will take you to the nearest hospital okay?" Arthit said, trembling in fear. It was happening again, Mint was again here having a very high fever but what more scares him was because she having trouble of breathing that, never happened before so, he was so scared.

As Arthit arrived at the nearest hospital, he immediately carry Mint again, like earlier and rushed to the front desk. "Goodevening sir, how may I help you?" The nurse greeted him.

"Goodevening, please help my daughter, please!" He begged, trembling again. The nursed then, rushed over and lead him to the ward. While the other nurse, called a doctor.

As the arrived at the ward, the doctor followed them, immediately at told Arthit to lay Mint down.

"Sir, we will check on her sir, please wait." The doctor said. The nurse then, pushed him slightly and closer the curtains. Arthit was just standing infront of the closed curtain.

Mint who was laying in the hospital bed, still wrapped in her  blanket. The nurse then, grabbed the oxygen to hel Mint to breathe more smoothly. While the doctor, placed the stethoscope to her hear and checked her heartbeat. The heart was pounding like crazy.

On the another side, Arthit was still nervous and, trembling in fear. His hands were shaking as he couldn't calm himself down, knowing his daughter was inside. He couldn't anything at the moment. All he could think about, right now was his daughter. Who was in the other side of the curtain.

Then, his phone suddenly rang, pulling him back to the reality. He picked up the call, and he tried to calm himself and said, "He-hello?"

"Hey, are you already in bed?" The man in another line asked. "N-no."

But, due to the uneasiness of Arthit's voice the other line, understood something was up. "What happened, Arthit?"

"K-kong." Arthit could only murmured his name, Arthit was in the verge of crying. "Is everything, okay?"

"K-kong, we are at the hospital." Arthit replies, stuttering, "What are you doing in there?"

"I rushed Mint. She has a high fever." Arthit replied again, holding his tears from escaping. "Where are you?"

He could hear Kongpob, getting into his car. "I will send you our location." He said and cut the call.

And, just like he said, he sent the location of the hospital.

Kongpob rushed himself, go to the hospital. He drove as fast as he could. Reaching the the hospital, he went straight to the ward, where Mint was put.

And, he stopped for a moment, he saw Arthit looking down, as if he was crying. He rushed over to him, standing Infront of him, catching his breath and said, "I am here."

Arthit lifted his head up and, without a second thought, he hugged Kongpob.

"Kong!" He cried out. He buried his head into the crook of his neck and shoulders. Kongpob hugged back and, caressed his back, calming him down.

"Shh... I am here, i am here. Mint will be okay." He said and Arthit nodded, silently.

After a while, the doctor finally came out, and the two broke the hug. "Doc, how was my daughter?" Arthit asked as he looked at the doctor.

"She was okay, now. There is nothing to worry. Her fever now, went down and her heartbeat was now back to normal. She was unconscious though, but she will wake up soon."

"Thank you doc." Kongpob thanked the doctor. "You may go now to see her. I am gonna take my leave, now." The doctor said and the couple wai'd.

They rushed into Mint's and, sit next to her, side by side. The nurse then, who was in the room, excuses herself so that she could give the family some privacy. She kept the curtains closed and the two man, held their daughter's both hands.

"Papa and daddy was here, sweetheart." Arthit said, caressing her hair.

But Mint was still unconscious and, was not reacting to any words that Arthit had been telling her. Arthit then, looked helplessly at Kong and Kong also looked at him, with a smile.

"She will be alright, Arthit. Do not worry anymore."

C H A P T E R | 42
by: anonymouslylazy