C H A P T E R | 15

Chapter 15: I look like him.

"Papa, why do i look like Mister?" Mint asked, innocently. "Mint.....i...." Arthit stutter, he was shock.

How could his daughter say such a thing.

"Why do you ask?" He asked his daughter, "Well, earlier when you were asleep. Mister and i were together buying some porridge then, the lady said that I look like him and even mistook me as his daughter." Mint explained, smiling.

Arthit just patted her head and smiled.

"You know, some people look alike even though, they are not related." He said, "Just like me and Mister!"

Arthur just nodded his head and smiled a bit.

Mint then, run upstairs to her room leaving Arthit all alone, downstairs.

Mint jumped to her bed and hugged her stuff toy. And eventually, she falls asleep, when her head hit the pillow.

Arthit on the another hand, just walked in to her room.

He sat to Mint's bed and caressed Mint's hair. "You indeed looked like him." Arthit said, whispering to himself.

Arthit just stared at his daughter, who was sleeping soundly, hugging her stuffed toy.

"Do you think...your father would forgive me for lying?" He asked, as if he would get an answer from her.

He laid next to his daughter sleeping and hugged her tight. "Sleep tight, sweetheart. Mama is already here." He said, and a tear escaped from his eye.

__

The next day, Arthit went to work as he was already okay now.

Jeed, Earth, Maprang, Praepaillin and Duen were sickly worried of him. They heard what happened to their co-worker and they felt being at ease, when they seen Arthit in a good state now.

"I didn't know that Kongpob was so cruel to you. If I have known this, sooner i might have helped you." Earth said, pouting.

"How can you help me, when you also have a child at home to take care of." Arthit said, and Earth was now glaring at him.

It's true, Earth actually gave birth to a healthy baby, same year as Arthit. Arthit also, became the godfather of Earth and Todd's son.

"Well....  You also have one. Yet, you have been doing these things." She said, and Arthit just chuckled.

"Mother hen." Arthit said, whispering but loudly enough for Earth to hear. She slapped Arthit's shoulders who was just laughing his ass off.

She glared at him and even pointed her index finger at him.

Arthit just took his seat, still laughing at Earth's reaction while Earth just rolled her eyes.

"Whatever!" She said and took her seat.

The work started, and everyone was now in a chaotic state. Faxing here and there, set an appointments and, negotiations to other companies.

While the others were busy, Kongpob just watched them from afar. Especially Arthit.

He had nothing much more to do as, he already finnished everything. He was just there, examining the workers running around with, folders nor papers in hand.

But then, a man caught his sight. The man was wearing a blue polo and, simple jeans with a chubby belly and was carrying a phone to his left side and the files on the other.

Of course, it was none other than Arthit.

But, Kongpob just watched him, talking someone to the phone. He couldn't bring himself to meet the elder man and just stayed silent, looking at him.

"Yeah mom, i am all good now. No need to worry." Arthit said.

"Then, how was our little Mint then? Is she okay?"

"Don't worry, mom. She is all good." He said and smiled, "Oh right, mom. I have to cut off the call. My boss might get mad at me." He said and his mom agreed.

Arthit hanged up the call and slid the phone to his pockets. He looked to the files in his hand. After that, he knocked at Kongpob's office.

"Come in!" Kongpob shouted and Arthit did what he was told.

He twist the doorknob and he was greeted by Kongpob's small smile.

"Here are the files that you told me to complete." He said and put the files to Kongpob's desk.

"Thank you." Kongpob said and Arthit just smiled and was about to walk away when Kongpob suddenly asked, "How are you now?"

"I am feeling much more better than yesterday, Sir. And, thank you again for helping me." Arthit simply said and Kong nodded.

"Then... I will take my leave now, Sir." Arthit said, smiling awkwardly.

Kongpob again nodded and Arthit went out. As soon as Arthit closed the door, Kongpob leaned to his chair.

Atleast, his mind was quite at ease now, after knowing Arthit's condition. Last night, he kept himself awake to monitor Arthit.

He was too worried about Arthit's condition, especially, it happened because of him. He even, became fund to Arthit's daughter.

Maybe, because she looks like him?

He don't know, but then, when the Lady that Mint told her papa earlier, assumed that she was his daughter.

There is different kind of emotions that he felt when the Lady mistook Mint as his daughter. He was happy and at the same time, sad. He was sad to the fact that, Arthit's child with the another woman looked like him.

__

Finally, the work was over, Arthit stretched his limbs. He was dead tired from working all day.

He leaned his back to his Chair. "Let's go Arthit?" Earth asked.

Arthit nodded his head and grabbed his sling bag. He turned off his PC and followed Earth.

"So, Are you going to pick mint up?" Earth asked. "Yeah. How about you?"

"Same, you know Tian was becoming really good in Arts and Math. Thanks for Mint's help." Arthit chuckled.

Tian and Mint have been really good friends eversince. Although, the two didn't go to the same school, they still practically meet each other during the weekends.

"Bye, P'Earth!" Arthit said and waved a goodbye to Earth.

Earth also, waved back to him. Arthit just watched his senior getting into her car.

Arthit was about to turn around as his car was parked at the right side, he suddenly bumped into a man.

His head and hands was on the man's well built chest, while the man's arms were just wrapped around Arthit.

"Be careful, P'Arthit."

C H A P T E R |15
By: anonymouslylazy