C H A P T E R | 37

Chapter 37: Misunderstanding

Time just passed by, like a wind and the next thing Arthit knew was, it was already Sunday and Mint was already pleading at him for wanting to go to the mall.

Arthit of course, said yes in an instant. It was already, passed 3 in the afternoon when they reached the mall, down town and the first thing that Mint wanted to go to, was to the arcade.

Arthit then, decided to bring Mint there and just yet as they were about to enter, he saw Kongpob, with a child clinging into him who was around Mint's age and there is a young, tall fair woman, whom he never saw before.

She was wiping the kid's forehead while, talking with Kongpob. "Isn't that uncle, papa?" Mint looked at him, "He had a family?"

Of course, this words that came from his daughter, broke him. He looked happy, laughing with, the young woman. But what more broke him up was that, his laughter was pure as it was before. Arthit was like splashed by, a cold bucket of water. He was frozen from the spot.

Was all that Kongpob did, was for Mint's sake only?

"He should've had told me about this. About him, having a family. He should've told me, not letting me, get my hopes up."

"Papa?" Mint asked, as she noticed that Arthit was already shedding tears. He was hurt. He was hurt to the fact that, Kongpob already had a family of his own. That they once, dreamt of, years ago.

Finally, he came back to his senses when, Mint pulled his shirt. He then carried her up and said, "Let's go get some ice cream first?"

"But, papa, aren't were going to say hi to uncle first?" Mint asked. "We.... Should not bother him, look." Arthit then pointed at Kongpob. Mint then, nodded her head, saying, "Then, let's go get some ice cream then!"

With that, Arthit and Mint already disappeared, in to the crowd full of people

"Thank you so much, Kong for the help." The young woman said, grabbing the little boy from him. "No worries, Phi. Besides, it had been a long time since, i spent time with my nephew." Kongpob replied to the woman, who wad his cousin, Am.

Kongpob then, ruffled the hair of the little guy.

"You'll be in your 30's Kong." His cousin commented, "Yet, you don't have any plans starting a family for yourself. Maybe, that's why you back out from your wedding with Khaofang."

Kongpob don't know what to reply. He was struck by his cousin's words that left him, shut. Maybe because, he don't know, what he wanted to say to her or, maybe there's something, bugging his mind.

__

Mint and Arthit was sitting at a bench that was placed Infront of the stall and ate the ice cream they had brought. "Papa, can we go to the arcade now?" Mint asked.

"How about, watching a movie?" Arthit suggested. "And, we could go to the toy kingdom and buy you toys."

"Really?" Mint's eyes were shining as she heard it. "A new toy?" Arthit nodded the grabbed the tissues and wiped Mint's side of her lips as there were still a traces of the ice cream.

"Yes." Mint then overjoyed and said, "Let's go!"

"Finnish your ice cream first before we go."

Mint did what she was told to, and finished her ice cream. "Done!" She exclaimed as she showed it to her papa. Arthit then, ruffled her hair and said, "Alright, let's go?"

Arthit held her by the hand, and started walking to the toy store. He told her to get something what she like as it was his pay day, yesterday. Mint then, pointed to a baby doll and, wanted her papa to get it for her. The baby doll comes with a bottle and a pacifier and, of course they also got a small stroller for the doll which, Arthit happily, bought her.

On the way home, Arthit kept recalling the scene he saw, Infront of him. A lot of emotions have triggered him and the only thing he could think about was, Mint.

He couldn't bare to see his daughter, being devastated. She had high hopes of, meeting her father who will love her, and yet, that man who she wanted to meet was already settled down. How will Mint now? Will she be okay with this? How will he tell her now that, her daddy won't come back anymore? That he already had a family. Does Mint deserved this kind of life?

A lot of questions ran through his head, that he kept asking himself about. He kept asking himself, over and over again.

"Papa, why you look so, sad?" Mint asked. They are already having their dinner, when Mint suddenly asked this question to him. "Me? Sad? No, i wasn't." Arthit replied to her, hoping the topic might change sooner. "Papa, you are frowning, since we are at the mall. Are you really okay?"

"I am, Mint. Papa is okay. Don't worry." Arthit assured his daughter and, pat her head. Although, Mint could easily be distracted, she still have the feelings of sadness between her papa's tone.

And, even though, she was curious, she didn't get any further as she knows, her papa wouldn't want to talk about the topic of it.

The day, ended but Arthit was still lost in his thoughts to it, and, was really bothered. Earlier, as he saw his daughter's innocent face, he felt, thousands of knives had stabbed him in the chest. Gosh, this was much more than difficult than, telling her about the truth of her existence.

That night, he couldn't sleep, he went to the balcony, and watched the moon, shining brightly, above the sky.

He sighed helplessly, he don't know what to do anymore. His life was now a mess. He couldn't think straight anymore. He was hurt not just for him, but his daughter, who had witnessed everything in her naked eyes.

Maybe, in this life, Kongpob and him wasn't really belonged to each other to begin with.

C H A P T E R | 37
by: anonymouslylazy