C H A P T E R | 28

Chapter 28: Going back to his hometown.

"P'Arthit? Khun Kongpob? What are you two doing?" Someone asked.

The two looked at the person and Arthit paled. It was Jeed.

"You two....?" Jeed hesitated. She was afraid, she might say something, but Kongpob just said, "He was about to be hit by a car so, i just helped him and we both landed to the ground."

Jeed gave an, "Ohh" sound and Kongpob helped Arthit to stand up, giving him his hand. "Then, are you guys okay?" She asked and the two have her a simple, "Yeah."

"I gotta go now." Arthit said and rushed to enter the company to save him from embarrassment.

"Aren't you gonna come in, Khun?" Jeed asked. "I will." And with that, he followed Arthit and tried to catch up with him.

"That was strange." Jeed murmured.

__

"Arthit, wait up." Kongpob called out. The older man looked at the back. "What?" He asking, glaring at the younger.

Kongpob smiled and went near him. "I just said, wait up."

"Kongpob, we are at the company." Arthit nearly whispered to Kong. Kong just leaned forward and whispered to his ear, "I don't car what people would think about us." And gave him a smirk.

Arthit's face turned to red. As Kongpob walked away, he keeps scolding himself. "Great. Just great to start a day." He said to himself.

He sighed, hoping no one seen that.

 As he entered the office, he was immediately greeted by Earth who happen to pass by. "Arthit." She called out. Arthit looked at her and tilted his head. She then flashed a smile with, seemed odd as Earth never smiled unless she was happy. This could only mean one thing, she had something under her sleeves.

"I never know, you and Kongpob gotten closer again." Arthit widened his eyes. "What?"

"Oh, come on. I already saw you yesterday in Kongpob's car." She said and giggled.

"P'Earth!!" Arthit whined like a kid. "Fine, fine. But what are you guys up to?" Earth asked.

"He just gave me a ride. That's all."  He said and took his seat. But, unfortunately, Earth was a persistent person and followed him. "Tell me." She said and took her seat to his left. "Just like i said, he just gave me a ride as my car ran out of gasoline."

"I don't believe you." She gave him a teasing smile. "Tell me, did you and him..." Earth was supposed to asked if they did something but Arthit's words cutted him off. "No we did not!"

"So defensive." She hissed and walked away.

Arthit just rolled his eyes and went to his seat.

__

Arthit stretched his body, it was already 4:28 pm and Arthit decided to pack up. He already filled up his car with gas and drove to Mint's school.

On the way, he was just listening to the radio and, was just jamming to the song, when suddenly his mother called.

He put the phone into a loud speaker and greeted, "Hey, mom!"

"Arthit, my dear. How are you doing?" She asked in her sweet, tender voice.

"I am good mom. How about you?"

"Mom is alright, son. It's just that, mom really missed you and Mint allot this past few days." His mom chuckled.

"Don't worry mom. Next week, i will visit you there with Mint." He informed his mom.

Arthit could never resist his mother's pleadings so, he will do everything what his mom wished for. Eversince, Arthit's father died, he felt he had still missed sometime with his that the he didn't even noticed as he was too busy with work.

"Are you sure, son? I mean, what about your work?" She asked. "Don't worry about it mom. I will talk to my boss about it, later and I will surely come there."

"I will wait for you two then." His mother told him and he smiled. They talked for a few minutes, until Arthit reached his said destination. "Alright, mom, I will be going now. I have to pick Mint up."

"Sure. But, tell her that I missed her a lot." His mom reminded, "I will mom."

"And, also. Arthit you should not forget to go home in your Father's death anniversary. I am sure you don't want to miss it." His mom added.

"Of course, mom. How could I forget." He said and bid the goodbye to his mom and hanged up the call. He then parked up to near the gates and gone out of the car. He went in to the school and walked to the corridors.

As he reached Mint's room, Mint's teacher was the one who greeted him and said, "Good afternoon, Mr. Rojnapat."

"Good afternoon, Ms. Tan. I am here to pick my daughter up." He informed. The teacher then, smiled and motioned Mint to come.

She ran to him with a smile, plastered on her face as always. "Papa!"

He squat down to her height and pat her head. "Ready to go?" He asked. Mint nodded with a smile on her face. He then, carried her and bid a goodbye to her teacher.

"Mint, do you want to go to Chiang Mai and visit nana?" Arthit asked as he put Mint to her seat.

"Visit nana?" She asked and Arthit nodded. "Yes. Would you like to go?"

"Yey! We are going to visit nana!" Mint cheered. She was excited to see her sweet, loving grandmother again.

__

The next day, flew like a wind and Mint was already on Arthit's bed, waiting for him to wake up.

As Arthit slowly opening his eyes, he Mint who was just near him and smiled. "Papa, you are awake!" She beamed.

"Mint....it was still early. Why are you already up?" Arthit asked in a sleepy tone. "Because, we are going to visit nana today." She answered with a smiling face.

"Can papa have 5 more minutes, it was still early."

"No...no. Papa can't go back to sleep. We have to go to Nana's." She told him and pulled his hand, gesturing for him to get out of bed.

Arthit, of course couldn't protest and followed his daughter, while he himself was just half awake. They made their way to the kitchen and grabbed a box of cereals from the pantry and a milk from the fridge.

He placed the cereal and the milk to the tables and grabbed a two set of bowl and spoon. He also grabbed a glass and placed it to the table.

He then, grabbed the milk and poured it to the glass and put it to the microwave to heat it up. While it was heating, he then grabbed a red cup from the cabinet and made himself his coffee.

After he finished making his coffee, the microwave rang, informing Arthit that the milk is already warm.

With the cup of coffee in his left, he opened the microwave using his right hand and grabbed the glass. He then closed the microwave door and placed the cup and the glass to the table. "There you go."

Mint then grabbed her bowl and started pouring the cereal to it, following the milk. Arthit dis the same to himself and the two devoured themselves to the cereal.

__

"Ready to go?" Arthit asked as he was standing at the front door, waiting for his daughter to come out. "Let's go, papa!"

Arthit then, held her hand and said, "Should we stop a flower shop?" He asked.

"Let's do it, papa!" She then beamed a smiled. Arthit just patted her head and grabbed the hand bag to put at the passenger seat. They are staying over for 4 days there and Arthit already filed a leave to visit his old mother and deceased father.

He already turned off the breaker and locked the doors.

Arthit then, put Mint at the back seat and buckled her and put the bag, to the passenger seat. He then, buckled himself and just checked to the rear view mirror first, before starting his car and drove off.

Arthit felt happy. He was happy because, after a while, he will gonna come back to visit his hometown.

C H A P T E R | 28
by: anonymouslylazy