C H A P T E R | 05

Chapter 05: Just like her?

"Papa!" Mint exclaimed as she saw Arthit got out of the car. She ran to him and hugged him tight. Arthit picked her up and caressed her back. "You missed me?" He asked gently.

Mint nod her head and buried her face to Arthit's neck. Arthit then went inside the daycare center to take Mint's belongings as Mint don't want to let her papa go.

He thanked the teachers there and put Mint to her seat. After that, he went to his and buckled himself.

While on the journey, Mint was singing a song while Arthit was just silent. He don't know how, but how in anyway would he meet him.

"The destiny is playing us, both." -Thats the quote that Arthit have thought, earlier. He himself believed in this as he connect everything that happened. Meeting again in the cafe, Kongpob being his company's Director, in the same elevator with him and his car was just next to his. What could happen next?

"What's wrong, Papa?" Mint asked innocently when she saw her papa. "Nothing, it was just i had some trouble at work." He lied, and Mint, being a kid, bought his lie.

"Okay." Mint said, earning a smile from him. She smiled back and continued to sing a song. Arthit looked straight to the road and listened to his daughter singing.

Finally, after a few turns, the father and daughter duo finally reached their house. As usual, Arthit changed first then, he went down just to find Mint, playing her stuff toy.

"Papa!" She run to him, holding the lion stuff toy. He picked her up and tickle her, "Papa, that's ticklish!" She said, laughingly.

"Do you wanna play with Simba today?" He asked, pointing at the stuffed lion and Mint nodded her head, "Yes!" He said and Arthit put her down. "Go!" He said and Mint ran back to her play area and Arthit followed her. "Papa, hold Tutu!" She said and handed Arthit the turtle stuff toy. He was smiling ear to ear, playing with his daughter.

He then, stood up to make dinner while Mint was playing. While she was playing, she was looking at Arthit.

She then went back on playing. "Tutu, love simba." She said and smiled.

"Mint, dinner is ready!" He called out, Mint on the another hand, ran to her place. Arthit chuckled. He then served the dishes and plates for them. "Thank you!" She said and Arthit smiled widely.

"Be careful, it's hot." He said and Mint nodded. She grabbed her utensils ans started munching her food.

Arthit then sat down and joined Mint.

After Arthit washed the plate, he went to the bathroom to bathe Mint.

"Papa, stop it." She said, laughingly as Arthit tickled her. "Fine, fine." He said, smilingly. He carried her to her bedroom then, changed her.

He was combing her hair and singing her a song. "Papa, do I look pretty?" Mint asked.

"Yes, dear. You are." He said, smilingly at her. "But then, why did my classmate said that I am ugly?" She pouted. "Who dared to say that to you, huh?"

"Well, my classmate, Tun."

"My dear, you are not ugly okay? You are beautiful." He said and pay her head, "Really, papa? Just like my mama?" She innocently asked.

Arthit was taken a back, he don't know how to reply. Mint looked at him, with a hope in her eyes. "Yes.. She is." He answered her.

At first, he was hesitant to answer but, when he was looking at her almond eye, he couldn't help but to made an alibi.

"Let's go to sleep now. Its already late." He said, picking Mint up and led them to her bedroom. He gently layed Mint down and tuck her to bed.

"Can you tell me story?" She asked. She was hugging Simba.

"What storey do you want to hear?" He asked her, caressing her hair.

"I would like you to tell me something that really happened!" She said, beaming. "Okay, okay." He said and chuckle.

"So, once upon a time there was a girl named......." He continued to tell her the story and Mint somehow fall into her dreamland halfway through.

"..... And, they lived happily ever after." He finished the story. He looked at Mint then smiled.

"You are indeed just like him." Arthit said. He caressed her hair. "Goodnight, Mint. Sweetdreams." He said and kissed her forehead, gently.

The next day, Arthit arrived at the company. He entered the company with Earth and, they were happily chatting about somethings and especially, Earth told him how was Todd doing now.

While going to their seat, they met Kongpob on the way. They wai'd to him and he just give them a nod then the two proceed to go.

They both sat to their seats when Maprang went near them and asked, "Kongpob changed, right?"

"I don't know," Arthit simply answered, not wanting to let this conversation about him, go further.

"Well he-" Maprang was about to tell him something about his ex-lover but then, he was quick to react and he glared at her.

She quickly shut her mouth and went back to her seat. Right as she just sat down, Earth went to him, next.

"Arthit, you okay?" She asked worriedly.

Technically, he was not okay. He just tried to be okay, for his little angel.

"I am." He just simply replied, fixing his gaze to the monitor of hi PC.

Earth couldn't say anything to help him. She just stared at him with hesitation.

"I know something was bothering you, but i am not gonna push you to tell me. But if ever you wanted to talk anything. I am always here." She said to him, with a soft tone as possible.

He gave her a smile of reassurance and Earth went back.

After that, Arthit sighted. He need to get use to it.

--

Kongpob was in his cabin and tried to drown himself to work. Trying to forget what just happened earlier.

He massaged his temples and took a small break. He sighted, his first day at work was indeed thought for him.

--

It was finally 5 pm and you know what it meant, it is tine to go now.

Just as Arthit was packing his things, he received a phone call from Mint's teacher.

"Hello, Ms. Tan?" Greeted politely.

"Hello, Mr. Rojnapat. I am here to call you because, Mint gotten into a fight with one of her classmates."

C H A P T E R | 05
By: anonymouslylazy