C H A P T E R | 25

Chapter 25: Broken Car.

"Ready to go?" Arthit asked, looking at Mint who was putting her shoes. "Yes, papa!" She flashed a beautiful smile and stood up. She grabbed Arthit's hand which he offered and made their way to the car.

He first put Mint to her seat and buckled her up and of course, Arthit did the same. Mint and Arthit were happily jamming to the music from the radio while on the way.

Arthit then, dropped Mint off to school and, for him, he went to work.

As he reached the company, he took a deep breath, sooner or later, he will meet Kongpob and he was just getting ready, for himself.

Reaching his seat, he first put his bag to the seat and sat to the chair. "Goodmorning, Arthit." Earth greeted, she handed him a cup of coffee that she made herself.

"Thank you, P'Earth." He smiled and took a sip. Placing the cup to the table, he started to open a file from his computer and started working.

__

Kongpob was again, stuck to do these papers, stacking up, one after another.

He was holding a pink envelope, that contains the report of an employee. He was holding the pen on his other hand, while his eyes were fixed to the report.

He sighed. It's the fifth time in a row that he was stuck to these documents. He then stood up and gone out to his office to grab a coffee to keep his energy up.

He went to the office pantry to make himself a coffee. Then, he heard someone entered the pantry and he turned to look at the employee. Of course, it was none other than Arthit.

Arthit was shock too, but he mentained himself. He just ignored him and went to the cabinet to grab something.

While Kongpob on the another hand, also ignored his presence and continued making his coffee.

The silence surrounded to the pantry and the only thing they could hear was the pack of the chips Arthit was holding and of course, the spoon which was Kongpob was using to stir his coffee.

The two didn't bother to say a word to each other, until Kongpob was gone. Arthit finally felt a relief. Finally.

Kongpob on the another hand, just brought his coffee with him. It was awkward.

He held his chest. He could feel his heart beating so fast than to its normal rate. "Keep it down, Kong." He said to himself.

__

The work was now finally over. Arthit was on the ways his car, ready to go home. He was starting the engine but, looks like his car wasn't in a mood. He tried and tried but it seems have no response to him.

He was starting to worry, how to go. Mint was surely waiting for him to pick her up and yet, his car wasn't in a condition.

But, he then stopped when someone knocked from his window. He looked to the person, and to his shock it was Kongpob. He rolled down his window and asked, "What?"

"Your car is broken?" Kong asked back. "It's none of your business." He retorted.

Kongpob didn't think twice and opened the door and grabbed Arthit out. "I'll drop you home." He said. Arthit then freed himself to his grip. "No, it's okay. I can handle it."

"But, Mint was waiting for you." Kongpob said straight. "It's none of your concern, Kong." Arthit said and tried to open the car's door. But then, Kongpob was blocking his way. "You are coming with me. Whether you like it or not." He said and dragged Arthit to his car and he made him sit to the front.

Arthit of course have no choice. "She was still in school, isn't she?" Kongpob questioned. "Where was it?" He asked again.

"Bangkok Patana School." He answered. Kongpob just hummed in response and started the engine.

During the whole ride, the two were just quiet and as always, none of them didn't even said a word until they reached Mint's school.

"You go ahead and take her. I'll be waiting." He said and Arthit just nodded and unbuckled himself.

He searched for Mint, while Kongpob was just scanning the surroundings.

"Mint!" Arthit called her name. Mint looked to Arthit's direction and flashed her beautiful smile. "Papa!" She exclaimed and run towards him.

Arthit then picked her up and kissed her cheeks. "Are you having fun, today?" He asked.

"Yes! Papa, look. Me and Janhe were playing!" She said, pointing at the girl who was sitting to the swing.

They were in the play ground.

"Go, get your things, Sweetheart and say goodbye to your friend." He said and Mint nodded.

She did what she was told and ran back to Arthit and he grabbed Mint's bag from her hand and held her hand. "Let's go." He said and Mint smiled.

On the way, Mint have told Arthit how was her day was and she said, "Papa, you know, today was awesome, i got my test results back and I got 55/60. And you know, my teacher praised me!" She excitedly told him.

Arthit was just then, listening to his daughter telling him. Mint then, suddenly asked, "Papa where is your car?" As she scanned all the cars that was parked.

"I...just had a ride with a friend. The car engine wouldn't work. Maybe, the gasoline ran out."

Mint nodded her head as a response. Her sight then was catched by a certain someone who was standing next to his car and his arms were crossed to his chest.

"Papa, what was mister doing here?" She asked.

"He....was the friend i told you." Arthit forced a smile, hoping his daughter wouldn't notice his uneasiness.

Mint then, ran when she heard the ice cream truck's sound informing the kids that the truck was here. Arthit then, followed her and asked her what flavor she wanted and as always, her response were, "Cookies and cream!"

Kongpob on the another hand, was just looking at the duo, feeling a pang in his heart. He was supposed to be there, laughing with them. Yet, he could only watch them from afar.

C H A P T E R | 25
by: anonymouslylazy