C H A P T E R | 02

Chapter 02: Meeting you, again.

"Hello?" Kong asked, curiously. Who could have been calling him right now.

"Hey Kong. How are you now?" Aim asked. "Good, i guess." He whispered the last sentence.

"Oh, come on Kong, it's been years. Move on, will you?"

"Right, Kong. I heard you're back here to Thailand, huh?" Aim sarcastically said, "You didn't even let me know that you are back."

"Hey, stop sulking. I was about to tell you, it's just i am stuck to these papers so, i really didn't had a chance to tell you." He said while looking at his laptop.

That's right, after finishing his masters in China, he decided to move to New Zealand and stayed there for the 4 full years and just a moth ago, he went back to his homeland.

"Right, Right. Hey, how about we celebrate it!" Aim suggested. "Hmm, if I do got some time though."

"Fine, fine." Aim rolled his eyes, "Call me or text me when you are free."

"I will." He assured and hang up the phone. He checked the time in his wrist watch and it was exactly, 3:30 pm. He closed his laptop and stood up.

He grabbed his car keys and coat. As he reached his car, parked in the garage, he opened it and sat down. He wrapped the seatbelt across his body.

He started off his engine and his eyes were locked on the road and drove all the way until he reached the cafe to grab some coffee.

"One Americano and one waffle, please." He said, and the cashier nodded. After getting his order, he then sat to a table next to a window and sipped his coffee.

--

After he was finished, he then decided to go a park nearby, His one hand were on his pants's pocket and his other hand was holding his Phone. He opened the door and was shock. He looked straight and there, he saw a familiar face.

"P'Arthit..." He called out. He checked him from head to toe that became unnoticeable by Arthit since he looked away.

He was still the same, nothing changed except his stomach who kinda gone chubbier and fluffier.

"Aren't you gonna come in?" Kongpob asked. "Yeah." Arthit said, without looking at his face. Kongpob then, stepped out and Arthit stepped in.

As he reached to his car, Kongpob looked back. "I missed you.." Kongpob muttered and he sat to the driver's seat. But, he still couldn't forget what happened just now.

While on the another hand, Arthit felt a sigh of relief when he saw Kongpob, walking away. He knew, Mint was already waiting for him. But his thoughts were circling around him, his ex lover. "Kong..." He muttered out.

His thoughts were suddenly vanished as he heard the cashier called out for him. He walked straight to the counter and ordered a strawberry cake.

--

Kongpob was on his car. He couldn't help but to think. On the road, he pulled all his anger. He tried to be calm at first but yet, he couldn't.

Kongpob still couldn't hide the fact that he still loves Arthit and missed him everyday. He thought, when he sees Arthit he would smile and hug him but yet, what happened earlier was an opposite to what he imagined. They were like just a strangers earlier. A strangers that only passed by.

He thought, he would be over him, after he left and start all over again but yet, his feelings for the elder was still growing inside him. He recalled the night that he and Arthit broken up, back then, he felt like his world stopped when Arthit said to him that he wanted to stop their relationship. He remembered how happy he was when he was with him, laughing, cuddling and crying. In short, he recalled all the memories they all had, good or bad, bitter or sweet. Everything.

"We will begin to up a fight. The memories we had together are good. Really really good." He remembered Arthit told him, that night.

A tear escaped his eye, then another one followed. He held his stirring wheel so tight and cried out. He regretted it. He regretted that he didn't stopped himself to leave or, even convinced Arthit that it would be okay.

--

"Teacher, teacher, what took papa so long?" Mint asked, "Your papa will be here soon, dear. He might met a trouble on the way that's why he was late." Her teacher explained to her.

She nod her head and started playing again. A few minutes had passed, she heard some footsteps that echoed in the corridor. She ran to looked at the window and saw a figure, coming out. She smiled and ran outside to hug him.

"Papa!" She exclaimed and grabbed her backpack to run to him.

She ran as fast as she could and her papa's hands were wide and open ready to hug his daughter.

"How was school today, sweetheart?" He asked and Mint answered, "It was good papa. Did you know i enjoyed it a lot, especially the art class."

"Hmm... You must've been a good girl today." He praised her and stood up to hold Mint's hand. They both waved a goodbye to her teacher then, entered the car.

As usual, Arthit was buckling Mint's seatbelt for her, across her small body.

He also did the same to himself and drove off.

On the way home, Mint was singing her lullaby while Arthit took a glance at his daughter from time to time.

"A, B, C, D, E, F, G............ Now i know my ABC's next time, won't you sing with me."

He let out a heavy sight, he still couldn't forget it, the way Kongpob spoke an hour ago. It feels like, he made a bad decision to let him go.

"I have to hide her from Kongpob. It would be dangerous for her if he comes to know her." He thought and glaced again at Mint.

Mint sensed that her papa was looking at her and she smiled.

"Papa, can I asked you something?" She asked and Arthit smiled and replied to her, "What is it, dear?"

"Do I have a mama?" She asked again and Arthit somehow lost his smile and his eyes were filled with tears. He looked at mint in horror.

C H A P T E R | 02
by: anonymouslylazy