C H A P T E R | 20

Chapter 20: The Confrontation.

Arthit sighted. It was Monday today, and he was getting ready for work. While Mint was waiting for him, downstairs.

Arthit just, grabbed his bag and wore it.

"Did you wait to long?" Arthit asked. Mint looked at him and shooked her head. "Let's go." He said, smiling and grabbed Mint's right hand.

On the way, he dropped Mint to her school and bid a goodbye to her and wished her goodluck.

Now, it was his turn to drop himself to his work. Parking his car to the spot. He still stayed there for a few minutes in his car seat, leaning his back.

He will definitely gonna face him, sooner or later. Soon, he unbuckled his seat and opened the car door.

He was about to get out of his car when, he was greeted by, a tall, slim, tanned man wearing a blue suit. You don't have to be a genius to guess who was it. It was the one and only, Kongpob.

"What are you doing?" Arthit asked in confusion. "Get out of the car." Kongpob said.

Arthit then, did what he was told. He stepped out of his car and faced Kongpob.

"How did you get those?" Kongpob asked. "What?"

"Those stitch and stretch marks on your belly. How did get those?" Kongpob asked again, looking at Arthit's eyes, hoping he would get the answer he wanted.

"That is none of your concern." Arthit said and was about to go when, Kongpob held his hand and pulled him to himself.

"Tell me." He said in a husky voice. "That is not of your concern."

"Are you asexual?" Kongpob asked. He don't want to beat around bushes. "What are you saying? Are you insane?" Asked Arthit.

"It was just a simple damn question." Kongpob hissed.

"Kongpob!" Arthit shouted and jerked his hand. "I am going to repeat this again. You and I were just boss and employee. We are nothing more than that. So, fuck off!" He shouted and rushed to the entrance.

He felt relief from escaping Kongpob, for now.

"Hey, Arthit. You okay?" Earth asked as she pass by and saw Arthit panting in the corner.

"P'Earth." He said, "What's wrong, Arthit?" Earth asked again.

"Phi.....he knew." Arthit said. Earth first, lead him to a bench to sit down.

"Are you okay, Arthit? You know, you can tell me anything." Earth said. "P'Earth...he knew." Arthit said, hanging his head low.

"What did he know, N'Arthit?"

"He knew now, about my stitch and stretch marks. He now, began asking me if I am asexual." Earth was stunned. She couldn't say any word to comfort the younger, as of now.

"P'Earth....what will I do now?" Arthit said, nearly crying. "Well then....have he met her yet?" She asked. Obviously, the younger nodded.

Earth sighted and held Arthit's hand. "You know Arthit, this wouldn't get called incident anymore." She stated, "Maybe it is time for them to know the truth."

"But it was so hard, P'Earth." He said and began sobbing. "It was hard."

"I know, it was hard to tell everyone the truth, but believe me, Arthit. After you tell him the truth, Kongpob would love to get to know his daughter."

"It was easy for you to say it, since you are a woman. How about me? I am a man. He might think i am weirdo." He chuckled, "You are not a weirdo, Arthit."

"I am, Phi. I am a weirdo. A man who can give birth!" Arthit retorted, "Besides, if he comes to know that we have a daughter together, i am afraid he might take her away from me." Arthit again said, but in a joking manner.

"What did you said?" A husky, scary voice was heard. "Kong?" Earth asked, standing up.

Kongpob, on the another side, didn't spared a glance on earth. "I am asking you, Arthit. What have you said?"

He wanted Arthit to repeat what he have said, as Kongpob wanted to be clear on what he heard.

Arthit's mouth was shut, looking at the ground. He couldn't face Kongpob, for now.

"Answer the damn question, Arthit!" Kongpob shouted.

Arthit couldn't hold his tears anymore and, escaped from his eyes one by one. "Kong I think you need to-"

"Shut up, P'Earth. I am not talking to you!" Kongpob then, shouted at Earth.

Earth then, shut her mouth real quick and looked at Arthit, helplessly. "It was just a simple question, Arthit. Why can't you answer it?!"

"You heard everything....didn't you?" Arthit asked out of nowhere. "Then why are you asking me if you heard it, you bastard!" Arthit stood up from his seat.

"Fine, i will answer that damn question of yours. Yes, i am asexual, and yes, i gave birth to my daughter, and yes, you are the father." Arthit shouted, "Are you happy now, huh? You've already got your answers."

"Then why?" Kongpob asked, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Why, to stop you from your dreams? This is what you have been dreaming, right? To study Economic" Arthit questioned. "I know how much you have been wanting to study Economic. And you think, i would just stop your dreams because of my daughter? No, because I can manage to raise her, all by myself without you by my side. I managed to raise her without your help and without your presence!"

Arthit then, rushed to his car and started its engine. Kongpob on the another hand, was standing like a statue, tearing up. Kongpob then, looked at Earth with a blood-shot eyes. "You know this, right?" Kong asked and Earth nodded, keeping her mouth shut.

"Who else, know besides you, here in the company?" Kongpob asked. "Prae and Maprang."

"Then why wouldn't any of you tell me this before? You knew it all along yet, none of you wanted to tell me!" He shouted.

Earth couldn't take it anymore and looked at Kongpob into his eyes. "Look, Kong." She started, "Arthit have loved you, more than himself. To the point where he even beared the pain, of keeping the secret from you because, he don't want all your dreams and hardwork vanished because of him. You know, he carried everything, just for you."

Earth continued, "He love you too much, that's why he wanted you to achieve your dreams, and never even think about himself. Did you know, he devoted on raising your daughter alone, and just like what he have done to you, he always put her first before everything." Earth again paused. "He sacrificed alot, for your daughter. I even remember, how he begged the doctors to save Mint as she have a very high fever back then. I even remembered, how, he would stay awake all night, when your daughter was a newborn so that, Mint could sleep soundly, and did you know how he took care of her all these years, without you. All of it, he managed to sacrifice just to take care of your daughter, and how he sacrificed, everything just for you to achieve your dream of studying Economic. All of these, he did it for the both of you." Earth explained.

She held Kongpob's shoulders and said, "If you wanted to make up for him, stand by his side and, appreciate what he have done for the both of you."

C H A P T E R | 20
by: anonymouslylazy