Chapter 1

Sofia's Pov.

"Hi. I'm here to meet my manager." I say to the receptionist as she smiles.
"Name?" She replies as I smile back.
"Sofia Greene." I say as she hands me a pass and directs me to where I need to go.

I thank the receptionist before walking to the lift and pressing the button to go up. Once the lift was on my floor, I got in and pressed the button for floor 2. While I was in the lift, I checked myself over in the mirror and made sure that I looked presentable before the lift dinged open.

I walk myself through a couple of halls before getting to my managers office. Her door was already open so, I knocked before walking in as she looks up and smiles at me.

"Good morning, Sofia." She says as I smile, "I'm your manager, Rachel." She says coming over and shaking my hand.
"It's nice to meet you." I reply as she tells me to take a seat.
"We're just waiting on Nathan." She says as I nod.

We sit in silence for a few minutes before a guy enters the room. Him and Rachel have a quick chat before he sits down in the seat beside mine.

"Sofia, meet Nathan." Rachel says as I shake hands with Nathan.

Rachel began to explain why Nathan and I were both there. This felt more like a team meeting than anything else but, I guess this is what this was.

"So, you guys are gonna sing a love song as a duet together." Rachel says as I nod.
"I can write lyrics, if you like?" I reply as Rachel nods.
"That would be great, and Nathan, you write the music. Sofia can play piano also, so if you need help, ask her." Rachel says as Nathan nods.
"Of course." He replies as Rachel nods at us both.
"I've got to run out for a few minutes but I'll leave you guys in here to discuss everything and work out a plan." She says before leaving the room and shutting the door behind her.

I take a minute to take in Nathan's features. His slight stubble, his green eyes, his thin, pink lips, his hair styled into a quiff, his tanned skin. He was wearing a plain white T-shirt, black denim jeans, black converse and a black leather jacket.

"So, do you have any ideas?" I hear him say as I nod.
"Uh, yeah. I have a title." I say as he smiles.
"Share?" He asks as I nod.
"Almost Is Never Enough..." I trail off as he smiles.
"We'll use that. It's good." He says as I smile.
"I actually wrote the song a while ago and I also wrote the music." I say blushing slightly.
"So, it's all done already?" He asks as I nod.
"Uh, yeah." I reply as Nathan nods and we discuss the song a little more.

When Rachel returns, I explain to her that the song was already written and the music was already sorted so we needed time to rehearse, record and shoot the video. She seemed impressed before dismissing us as Nathan and I exchange numbers and go our separate ways, agreeing to meet the next day for lunch.

Once I got home, I sighed and placed my keys on the side before going into the kitchen and switching on the kettle.

"Sofia, make me one?" I turn to see one of my brothers, Sam, and nod, getting out his cup.
"Where's Shane?" I ask as he shrugs.
"Out with his girlfriend, I think. Mum's gone shopping so she's not here either." Sam tells me as I nod.

Sam, Shane and myself were triplets. Our dad passed away when we were 5 and mum has been single ever since. She doesn't want anyone else because my dad was her one and only, forever. They were soulmates and they were high school sweethearts.

I made myself and Sam a cuppa before sitting in the living room and pulling out my phone. As I was about to unlock it, I received a text from Nathan.

From: Nathan,
 Hey Sofia. Cant wait for out lunch tomorrow. It'd be nice to get to know you better first so do you fancy a phone call later on?
 - N x

To: Nathan,
 Hey! Me too and sure. Maybe we can text to start off with and when everyone's in bed, we can call. I'll let you know when if that's okay?
 - S x

Nathan replies almost instantly and we start to talk over text, getting to know each other a little before our call later on. He seemed really sweet and he was hot. I'm not gonna lie, I wouldn't mind seeing him shirtless. On the other hand, I didn't know him that well but he was definitely my type.

I wouldn't mind if seeing if this could go further than one duet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: Hey guys! So this is a re-write of Famous. Ariana plays Sofia and that's why I use Almost Is Never Enough as their duet. Also, I want this to work out because I'm getting bad at keeping my writer's block at bay. I will try to update when I can as I do have a full time job now while also going college and being an Avon Rep. I will try my best. 

Love y'all!

Cee x