Chapter 3

"Sofia! Do you want to tell me what the hell that was?!" Sam exclaims, once we'd gone back inside.
"It was a kiss, Sam. You should know that." I say as he glares at me.
"Don't act like such a smartass." He says, "Why the hell was you kissing him?" He asks as I sigh.
"Because I can, Sam! You don't own my life. Plus, Nathan and I have to fake date for the public because the paps caught us out to lunch earlier and if we don't do this, the rumours won't get any better." I say as Sam sighs.
"This shouldn't be legal..." He trails off as I turn to him.
"Sam, listen. I want to do this. I also want to see if anything real can come from this because I like Nathan. You'd like him too if you met him or got to know him. He's a really nice guy. Please. Just let me do my thing and you do yours?" I ask as he shrugs, "Please, Sam. We're 21 years old. We can look after ourselves. I don't need you to protect me anymore." I say as he wraps his arms around me.
"You're my little sister. I will always protect you and Shane." Sam says as I wrap my arms round him.
"You're only 2 minutes older than me and 4 minutes older than Shane. Don't act like you're like 5 years older." I say, giggling as Sam chuckles and kisses the top of my head.
"Just be careful, okay? I don't want you to get hurt." Sam says as I look up at him.
"Sam, I will. I promise."

Once Sam and I had spoke a little more, I went up to my room and started to write some more music. If I wanted to get this album going, I needed to write songs and music before pitching them to Rachel.

XX

From: Nathan,
 Hey! Instead of tomorrow night, do you want to go out tonight instead?  I was thinking a picnic in the park before a walk by the river?
 - Nathan x

To: Nathan,
 Hey! I'd love that. What time? I can be ready by 6.
 - Sofia x

From: Nathan,
 6 sounds great! See you soon!
 - Nathan x

I smile as I go through my wardrobe and pull out an outfit.

I leave my hair down and naturally wavy before doing natural makeup and grabbing my bag

I leave my hair down and naturally wavy before doing natural makeup and grabbing my bag. I look at the time to see it was 5.50pm before walking down the stairs and sitting in the living room for 10mins.

"Where are you going?" I hear Sam from behind me as I smile at him.
"I'm going on a park-picnic date with Nathan. He'll be here in-" I'm cut off by a knock at the door as I open it to see Nathan, "You're like 5 mins early." I say as Nathan smiles at me.
"I know but, I just wanted to see you again." He says as I smile and blush.
"Bye, Sam." I say as he comes to the door.
"Wait..." He trails off, looking Nathan up and down, "Don't hurt her." Sam says as I roll my eyes.
"Nathan, ignore him. Let's go." I say as we walk to Nathan's car, leaving Sam at the door.

Nathan parks the car before we get out and walk through the park to where we were gonna eat.

"So, Sam is?" Nathan questions as I smile.
"My older brother." I say as Nathan nods.
"What like, 3 years, 2 years?" He asks as I laugh.
"No, 2 minutes." I reply as Nathan looks at me.
"You've got a twin?" He asks as I nod.
"Yeah, 2 actually. My younger brother is Shane. He 2 minutes younger than me. I'm 1 out of 3." I say as Nathan laughs.
"That's a lot." He says as I nod, "I only have a sister. We're 3 years apart in age." He says as we lay down a blanket and sit down.
"Are you and your sister close?" I ask as he shrugs.
"Yeah. I mean, we've gotten closer since I don't live at home anymore and I'm always away. We were pretty close before too. You and your brothers?" He asks as I nod.
"With Sam, yeah. Shane, not so much." I reply as Nathan nods.
"Why's that?" He asks as I shrug.
"Sam and I have always been close. He's always protected and looked after me, Shane just normally does his own thing. He's never home and when he is, it's literally just to sleep because he's always with his girlfriend. It's always really just been Sam and I, even though there's 3 of us." I reply as Nathan takes my hand.
"Does Sam have a girlfriend?" Nathan asks as I shake my head.
"No. He's never really been interested in relationships. He's always been focused on his football team in school and after school, he was focused more on living his best life. He probably won't even try to settle down until he's about 30. He doesn't want to waste the best years of his life. Although he's at home a lot, he has fun. He's always spending time with family and then every fortnight, he'll go out drinking with his friends and he's happy. I'm just happy that he's happy." I say as Nathan smiles.
"That's a good idea. I prefer to spend my time writing or playing piano. Now, I can enjoy doing them things with you, if you want?" He asks as I smile and blush.
"I'd like that."

Once Nathan and I had eaten, we packed everything away before taking a walk beside the river. Nathan entwined our fingers together, making me blush again as I smile. He's made me blush way too much tonight.

We stayed quiet, just listening to the soft flowing of the river. It was peaceful and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. This was nice and I wouldn't have wanted this any other way. We stopped walking on the bridge and just looked over into the water, watching it flow underneath us.

"Sofia, did I mention how beautiful you look tonight?" Nathan says as I turn to him.
"No but, you don't have to. I'm not." I say as he takes my hands in his.
"Trust me, you really, really are. Don't say that you're not." Nathan says as I blush, "You're the most beautiful girl I've met. I wouldn't want to spend this night with anyone other than you." Nathan says, making me blush more.
"Nathan..." I trail off.
"You're cute when you blush." He says before taking a step towards me as I look into his eyes.
"Nathan..." I trail off again.
"Shh." He says before connecting his lips with mine, as I close my eyes, letting him kiss me in the moonlight.

He pulls away before placing his hands on my hips, pulling me closer to him. He connects our lips again as my hands go round his neck, allowing him to pull me impossibly closer.

When Nathan pulls away, I bite my lip and smile at him.

"Let's get you home." Nathan says as I smile and nod, "We got a busy day tomorrow." He says as I nod.
"Yeah, we got rehearsal with Rachel so she can tell us what to change if we need to change it." I reply as Nathan entwines our fingers together, "Tonight has been perfect, Nathan. Thank you." I add on as he smiles and wraps his arm round my waist.
"I'm glad you enjoyed it." He replies as we get back in the car.

I really did enjoy it.

My first ever date.