Chapter 9

I wake up the next morning, facing Nathan. His arms were around my waist and he was still fast asleep. I smile and cuddle into his chest as his arms tighten around me, holding me close. I had to say it was adorable how when he was asleep, he didn't want to let me go and wanted me close. I softly kiss his chest before I feel his lips on the top of my head.

"Good morning, Sofia." I hear him mumble as I smile.
"Good morning, Nathan." I reply as he pulls out of the hug and gives me a kiss.
"How are you feeling?" Nathan asks as I smile.
"I'm good, you?" I ask as he puts his head back on his pillow and pulls me close again.
"I'm good. Really tired." He says as I kiss him softly.
"I mean, you did just get back and you've travelled a lot." I say as Nathan nuzzles his head into my neck.
"Are you staying today?" Nathan asks as I giggle.
"I was actually gonna ask if you wanted to stay at mine, with me. My mums doing Sunday dinner and we always have extra just in case Shane comes, which he never does." I say as Nathan smiles, "Would you like to come?" I ask as Nathan nods.
"Sure." He replies as I grab my phone and let my mum know that we'd have an extra person for dinner.

Once I put my phone down, Nathan kneels above me and kisses me as my hands go round his neck. He places our foreheads together after he'd pulled away.

"Are you still sore?" He asks as I look into his eyes.
"I don't think so..." I trail off as Nathan leans down and kisses me again.
"Do you want to shower first or shall I?" Nathan asks as I giggle.
"You go. I'll go after." I reply as Nathan kisses me again before grabbing a towel and walking into the bathroom.

XX

Once Nathan and I had showered and gotten ready, we decided to head into town for a couple of hours. Nathan entwines our fingers together as we walk hand-in-hand to our favourite café and sit down. Nathan and I order our drinks before we attach hands across the table.

"Sofia, I wanted to give you something. It means a lot to me that you have this." Nathan says, pulling a box out of his pocket and gives it to me.
"Nath..." I trail off as he stops me.
"Don't say anything, just open it." He says as I open it to find a key.
"A key?" I ask as He nods.
"Yeah." He says as I look at him confused, "It's a key to my house." He says, scratching the back of his neck as I look at him again.
"Are you asking me to move in?" I ask him confused as he shakes his head.
"No, no. Not yet but I'm giving you access to my house if you need somewhere to go when I'm not there or something." Nathan says as I notice his cheeks have gone pink.
"Nathan..." I trail off as he takes my hands again, "Thank you." I say as he looks at me and smiles.
"I thought you'd give it back." He says, chuckling nervously as I lean across the table and kiss him.
"I would never." I say as he smiles at me and squeezes my hands.

Once we'd left the café, we find a bench to sit on in town. We sit in silence for a while. Nathan had his arm round my shoulders, holding me close to him while my head was on his shoulder. We sit there and just listen to the hustle and bustle of town for a while.

"I love you." I hear Nathan whisper to me as I smile.
"I love you too." I reply as Nathan entwines our hands together.
"How's your second album coming along?" Nathan asks as I smile.
"Oh, it's good. Rachel was emailing me while you guys were in LA and we should have it released next year." I say as Nathan smiles.
"That's good." He replies as I smile, "We should go." Nathan says as I look at him.
"Why?" I ask as he nods towards a building.
"Paps." Nathan says as I nod and we start to make our way to his car.

Once were in the car, I check the time to see that it's 3pm.

"We should get to mums. Dinner will be done soon." I say as Nathan nods and drives us to my mums.

XX

Once we'd arrived at my mums, we get out of the car and walk up the drive to the front door. I open the door and allow Nathan in before giving Sam a hug as he greets us. Sam leads us into the living room as I see Shane and his girlfriend, Olivia, sat in there too.

Shane stands up and gives me a hug as I hug him back before Olivia hugs me too.

"Shane, Olivia, this is my boyfriend, Nathan. Nathan, this is my younger brother, Shane and his girlfriend, Olivia." I say as Nathan shakes their hands and we all sit in the living room together.
"I didn't think you'd be here today?" Sam asks Shane as he shrugs.
"I wanted to meet Nathan." Shane says as I roll my eyes.
"That's a first as you've never taken an interest or wanted to meet anyone I've dated before." I say as Shane shrugs again.
"Yeah well, you're my older sister and I wanted to make sure he's the right guy for you." Shane says as I laugh.
"I'm literally like 2 minutes older than you and that's not your job. Sam has already taken that responsibility since you're never here." I say, crossing my arms and sitting back on the sofa I'm sat on.
"She's got a point, Shane." Sam says as Shane sighs.
"Piggy, I'm sorry." Shane says, using the childhood nickname he had for me, "The only reason I'm never here is because Olivia and I are looking for a place together. We've been together for 4 years now and we wanted to move in together and have our own space." Shane says as I see Olivia nudge him.
"You need to tell them..." Olivia trails off, "It's time." She says as we all look at her.
"Tell us what?" Sam says as Shane takes Olivia's hand.
"We're having a baby." Olivia says as I tense up.

I feel Nathan take my hand and squeeze softly as I squeeze his hand back. I let go of Nathan's hand before standing up and walking into the kitchen to make a drink. I couldn't sit there and act like everything was fine. Everything was not fine. I make myself some juice before sitting at the kitchen table and placing my head in my hands. I needed time to process that my brother was going to be a dad.

"Baby, you okay?" I hear Nathan as I look up and smile at him.
"Yeah, I just need time to process this." I say as Nathan comes over and kisses me.
"If Jess came and announced to me that she was having a baby, I'd freak out. It's amazing how you're so calm about this." Nathan says, sitting next to me as I shrug.
"It's not my life or my choice. I mean, they've been together for so long and they're happy together. If they're happy then that's all that matters, right?" I say as Nathan nods and kisses me again.

Soon my mum walks in and asks me to set the table for dinner as I nod and go into the dining room, taking Nathan with me and asking him to help me set the table. Once the table was set, mum plated up the food and called everyone into the dining room while placing our plates down in our designated seats.

XX

Once dinner was finished, Nathan and I went into my room and just chilled out for a bit, cuddling and watching a movie. Nathan had one of his arms round me as I rested my head on his chest.

"Are you feeling better now you've actually had a conversation with Shane about the baby?" Nathan asks as I nod.
"I was okay to start with but it was a bit of a shock since I never thought of Shane as a fatherly guy." I say as Nathan starts to stroke his fingers through my hair.
"With younger siblings, I don't think you ever see them as the types of people who will have their own family one day. I've never seen Jess as the sort of girl who would but I know that one day, I will be an uncle." Nathan says as I kiss him softly.
"You'll be the best uncle." I say as Nathan smiles.
"And you're gonna be the best auntie." Nathan says as I smile.
"I'll be the only auntie. Olivia has a brother and that's it." I say as Nathan chuckles softly, kissing me again.
"And you're still gonna be the best."

XX

A/N: Hey guys! So, this is kinda long, I know but I wanted to introduce Shane and his girlfriend into the story and introduce them to Nathan. Also, I might skip to Nathan and Sofia's 1 year anniversary. I'm not sure if I should do that but I'm not sure what else I can do. Also, I'm not rushing their relationship in this book. I've been proof reading my other books to see what needs editing (every part of every other book) and I've noticed how rushed they sound so I'm trying to make this less rushed and since we're only in Chapter 9, I need to slow down. Also, I wanted to ask for any suggestions or ideas that you may have for this story as I'm running out right now.

Anyway, enjoy!

Love y'all

Cee x