Chapter 20

4 months pregnant

I was now 4 months and starting to show. Nathan and I were at the studio today. I was recording a new song while Nathan was recording a video. We'd meet for lunch and then go back to work.

Halfway through the recording, Rachel came into the room. She smiled at me and nodded her head, approving of the song before I came out.

"How are you doing, Sofia?" Rachel asks as I smile.
"I'm okay, you?" I reply as Rachel nods.
"I'm good. So, this is the last song you're recording for the album. Do you want to go on tour while you're pregnant or after?" Rachel asks as I sigh.
"I completely forgot about the tour. I'm gonna need to talk to Nathan about it." I say before I hear Nathan's voice behind me.
"I don't think it's safe to go on tour while you're pregnant," Nathan says as I turn to him.
"But after I have the baby, I'll have to fully recover before I can go," I say as Nathan shrugs.
"I think we should wait. Push the tour back for the next 5 months, give Sof 2 extra months to recover, and then we can also take bean on tour with us, Rach." Nathan says as Rachel nods and lets us know that she'll talk to management.

I go up to Nathan and wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him softly. He kisses me back before placing his forehead with mine.

"I know it wasn't my place to say anything but I'm trying to do what's best for you and bean," Nathan says as I smile.
"You always do, Nathan," I say as he places his hands on my hips.
"Let's go to lunch." He says, entwining our fingers together and helping me push our way through the crowd of paps, trying to get a good enough picture of us and my tiny bump.

Nathan wraps his arm around my waist, keeping me close as we shield our eyes from the flash of the cameras. Once we were out of the building, we go to our usual small café and sit in our usual seat, ordering a drink each. Nathan orders a tea while I have a chocolate milkshake. 

"You don't usually have milkshake?" Nathan questions as I shrug.
"It's called cravings, Nathan. You did this to me. I can't make a baby on my own." I say as he chuckles and takes my hand.
"Don't tell me you didn't enjoy making bean..." He trails off as I feel my face go bright red.
"You enjoyed making bean too." I say as he leans over the table and kisses me softly.
"of course I did. It was with you." He mumbles as I kiss him.

Once we'd finished our lunch break, we made our way back to the studio as I have to finalise my song before discussing a release date for the album with Rachel.

XX

After work, Nathan and I headed home before cooking together like we do everyday. One of the things we love is cooking together and being able to have fun while we cook. It always made us happiest when we spent time together in the kitchen.

Nathan wraps his arms round my waist while I'm whisking eggs before placing his hands on mine and helping me whisk, making me giggle. He starts to sing Over and Over Again in my ear as I blush and smile. 

Once I finished, I turned around in Nathan's arms and kissed him softly. He kissed me back and placed his hands on my waist.

"I love you." I say as he smiles.
"And I love you."