Chapter 21

5 months pregnant

I was now 5 months pregnant and Olivia had given birth to my nephews 2 days ago. Their names were Joseph and Jayden. My bump was more visible now and Nathan was starting to get protective. He's always been protective but now, even more, which didn't bother me because it showed that he loved and cared for me just as much as I loved and cared for him.

I sat beside him on the sofa and placed my legs on his lap as he took my hand and entwined our fingers together, still focused on the football match. I scroll through my social media before taking a sneaky picture of Nathan. I then post it on Twitter and Instagram with the caption 'Concentrating on his favourite team #ManUnitedFan'. I tag him in it before hearing his phone ding from the notification.

Nathan laughs and squeezes the hand he's holding before kissing it softly as I smile and get more comfortable.

"Are you okay?" He asks as I move into a better position.
"Yeah, just getting comfy. Bean makes me uncomfortable sometimes." I say as Nathan rubs his thumb on my hand.
"Do you need another pillow or something?" Nathan asks as I shake my head.
"No. I'm okay thank you." I say as Nathan nods and goes back to watching the game.

I scroll through my social media again before locking my phone and placing it down on the coffee table. I didn't wanna distract Nathan from the game but I also didn't want to watch the game either. I wasn't much of a football fan and I never have been.

"I'm gonna go write some music, okay?" I say as Nathan nods. 

I kiss Nathan on the forehead before going to the music room and sitting at the piano. I start to play a random tune before writing it down and tweaking it slightly. I didn't have any inspiration to write but, I needed to do something.

XX

After about an hour of writing, Nathan comes in. I smile at him as he sits beside me at the piano.

"Is this a new song?" Nathan asks as I nod.
"Yeah but, I don't think I'm gonna release it. This one is just for myself." I say as Nathan looks at the lyrics and the title.
"So much?" He asks as I nod.
"It's about you..." I trail off as he smiles.
"Sing to me." He says as I smile and sing the song to him.

Once I'd finished singing, Nathan was beaming at me. He wraps his arms around me as I lean into him and smile. We sit there for a while in silence, just enjoying each other's company.

"When shall we start planning the wedding?" Nathan asks as I shrug.
"After bean is here?" I ask as Nathan nods.
"That sounds good. That way, we can size you up properly for your dress." Nathan says as I nod.

Once we'd decided to leave the music room, Nathan and I went to do some cooking together, like we do every night. It was now a tradition of ours since it was something we enjoyed. 

Nathan started boiling the water while I prepared the pasta and the sauce. We were making a pasta bake but wanted to boil the pasta first so we didn't have to worry about it not softening in the oven.

Once the pasta was boiled, we strained it, put it in a pot before adding the sauce, and then put it in the oven. Nathan then grates the cheese while I sit at the island in the middle of the kitchen, watching him do what he does best. Nathan turns to me and smiles before sitting across from me and taking my hands in his.

"Are you feeling okay?" He asks as I nod.
"Just got a sore back," I say as he smiles and leans across the counter, connecting his lips with mine in a soft but passionate kiss.
"Do you know how cute you are?" Nathan asks as I smile and blush.
"Shh," I say, kissing him again before we carry on cooking.

XX

Later that evening, Nathan and I were in bed. Nathan was fast asleep while I was wide awake. I couldn't sleep. Bean wouldn't let me get comfortable and I was feeling a little sick. I don't understand why I felt sick because I was completely fine earlier and I've been fine all day.

"Sofia, go to sleep." Nathan mumbles.
"I can't get comfy and I don't feel well." I say as Nathan sits up.
"Are you okay? What's wrong? Do you need anything?" Nathan says as I shake my head.
"I'm just feeling a little sick and bean won't let me get comfy. That's all." I say as Nathan wraps his arms round me and lays down with me.
"Well, I'm not going back to sleep until you fall asleep." Nathan says as I kiss him.
"I'll fall asleep eventually. You have a busy day tomorrow, Nathan." I say as he shakes his head.
"I don't care." He says as I turn to face him, letting him rub his nose against mine, "I want you to be okay first." He mumbles as I smile.
"You always do."