Chapter 6

When Nathan and I are finally ready to go to lunch, he takes my hand and we take a walk to town. Nathan takes me to a cute little café before ordering us some drinks. Nathan shares the menu with me as I smile and look through with him.

"I might just have a panini." I say as Nathan nods.
"Same. It sounds good. Which one?" He asks as I look at the options.
"BBQ chicken and cheese." I say as Nathan nods.
"Me too. I'll go order." He says as I stop him.
"No. It's my turn to pay." I say as he chuckles.
"Okay." He says as I smile and go to order before paying.

When I sit back down, Nathan is doing something on his phone before mine buzzes.

£25 was paid into your bank

I check my transactions before seeing that Nathan has given me the money.

"Why did you do that?" I ask as he shrugs.
"I don't like it when you pay for me. I'm supposed to pay. I'm the guy." Nathan says as I take his hand.
"No, Nathan. Society and the media make you think that you do but, you don't have to. Women should pay just as much as men should. I don't want you to pay all the time. I want to pay too." I say as Nathan's thumb rubs the back of my hand, "We're equal, right?" I ask as Nathan nods.
"Of course we are." He says as I smile.
"Then I should pay too. I don't want your money. Plus, it didn't cost as much as you gave me. It literally cost a tenner." I say as he chuckles and I send him the money back, "Please don't ever pay me back again." I say as he leans over the table and gives me a quick peck on the lips before smiling.
"I'm sorry." He says as I shake my head.
"Don't apologise either. I know you were just trying to be nice but I don't expect you to pay all the time. I won't expect you to pay all the time, okay?" I say as he nods and smiles.

Once we'd eaten, we sat there for a while to finish our drinks before we took a walk around town, just window shopping since we didn't need anything. Once we'd got bored, we sat at a water fountain, just spending time together.

"So, did you always want to be a singer?" Nathan asks me as I nod.
"I mean, no. I always thought I was bad at singing so I tried my hand at fashion and realised I couldn't draw. When I turned 16, my mum posted a video of me singing and I received a lot of positivity. That's when I started YouTube. After 4 years, Rachel found me and here I am." I say as Nathan smiles, "What about you?"
"I've always had a passion for music. I attended Sylvia Young and I auditioned to be in the band and now here I am, 6 years later." He says as I smile.
"So, you knew what you wanted to do for a while and I'm here thinking I'm not good enough." I say as Nathan wraps his arms round me.
"You are good enough and you'll always be good enough." Nathan says as I kiss his head.
"So are you." I reply as Nathan smiles at me.

XX

Once we'd gotten bored of town, we decided to go back to Nathan's for a bit before I had to go home and finalise a few songs.

"Are you sure you have to go?" Nathan asks, holding me close as I kiss his neck.
"You know I do, Nathan. I love the company and spending time together too but I've got to finalise these new songs and figure out if I want to pitch them or not." I say as Nathan pulls out of the hug.
"You haven't even finished your first album yet and you're already working on your second? You're working too hard and you're gonna tire yourself out, Sofia. I can't watch you get sick because you won't stop." Nathan says as I place my hand on his face, letting him nuzzle his cheek into the palm of my hand.
"Nath, listen to me." I say as he looks at me, "They're for my first album and I'm fine. I promise." I say, looking into his beautiful green eyes.
"As long as you don't work yourself into a coma..." Nathan trails off as I place my lips onto his.

Nathan kisses me back, placing his hands on my hips, bringing me closer to him as I pull out of the kiss and press my forehead against his. He smiles at me before pressing his lips against mine again. He pulls away before burying his face in the crook of my neck, holding me close, giving me a cuddle. I cuddle him back before kissing the side of his neck, finally pulling away.

"Do you want a lift?" He asks as I smile and nod.
"Thanks." I reply as Nathan grabs his car keys.

We get into Nathan's car before he drives us back to mine. We sit in the car for a while as I take off my seat belt. Nathan turns to me and gives me a quick peck on the lips.

"I'll see you soon?" He asks as I nod.
"Of course. See you later." I say before kissing him again and getting out of the car.

I wave him off before walking into my house and shutting the door behind me, saying a quick 'hi' to my family. Once I'd spoke to them for a little, I went upstairs and started finalising a few of my songs.

Hopefully these are good enough.