Chapter 4

I hear my alarm and groan before switching it off and checking the time. 9am. I was just about to get up as my phone starts to ring. I check the caller ID to see that it was Nathan.

(S - Sofia, N - Nathan)
S: Hello?
N - Morning grumpy
S - Nathan, it's too early.
N - Sofia, you're late. I'm outside. We've got rehearsal today.
S - Oh crap! I completely forgot. Come to the door and I'll let you in while I get ready.
N - Okay!

The line goes dead as I run downstairs and let Nathan in.

"Hey. Give me 15mins, okay?" I ask as he nods.
"Uh, okay." He replies as I smile and run back up the stairs.

I take a quick wash before grabbing a simple grey crop top and some black, high-waist skinny jeans. I get dressed before slipping on some black heels and brushing through my hair, leaving it down and wavy. I quickly apply some natural makeup before grabbing my bag, phone and purse. I shut my bedroom door before walking down the stairs and smiling at Nathan.

"You ready?" He asks as I nod.
"Yeah." I reply as he takes my hand and we leave my house together.

We get into Nathan's car before he starts to drive us to the studio. The drive was quiet but relaxing. It was nice having some quiet time with Nathan because we never seem to make it awkward.

Once we got to the studio, we got out of the car and entwined our hands together, shielding our eyes from the flashes of the cameras from the few paps that were around.

"Oh, I wrote some new songs. I might pitch them to Rachel once they're done." I say as Nathan smiles and wraps his arm round me.
"That's really good. I'm proud of you." He says as I smile.
"Thank you."

We get in the lift before pressing the number we need to get to so we can start rehearsing. Once the lift stops, we step out and walk to the room we were directed to before setting up.

XX

Once we'd finished rehearsing, Nathan decided to take me out to lunch at a small café not too far from the studio.

"Sofia, do you want a coke or?" Nathan asks as I smile.
"Yeah. Please." I reply as he smiles and goes to order us some drinks.

When Nathan comes back, he sits across from me and smiles.

"What?" I ask as he smiles and shakes his head.
"Nothing. It's just..." He trails off, "You're so beautiful." He adds on as I blush and look down at my hands.

Nathan takes my hands in his and rubs his thumb over my palm.

"You don't have to be shy around me, Sofia." Nathan says as I look at him.
"I'm not normally this shy. You make me nervous..." I trail off, "In a good way." I add on as Nathan smiles at me before kissing my hands.
"You're cute." He mumbles into my hand as I giggle.
"So are you." I reply as he looks up at me and smiles again.

He leans across the table before pressing his lips against mine softly as I smile and kiss him back.

As I sip my drink, I log onto Twitter before seeing pictures of Nathan and I on our date the night before, kissing on the bridge. The caption read 'Nathan Sykes and Sofia Greene are officially a couple!'

I then decide to read a little bit of the article:

Former boyband member, Nathan Sykes, was seen locking lips with newcomer, Sofia Greene, on the bridge at National Park last night. Resources have said they've also seen them together around the city as well as plans of a duet to come soon.

I sigh before showing Nathan as he sighs.

"Do they have nothing better to do than invade our personal life?" Nathan asks as I shrug.
"I'm not used to this much publicity, Nathan. It's kinda scary." I say as he comes over to me and wraps his arms round me.
"Hey, it's okay. You'll get used to it and soon it won't be so scary anymore." Nathan says, "And don't worry. I'll be here all the way to comfort you." Nathan whispers as I smile.
"Thank you, Nathan."

XX

Once we'd finished lunch, we decided to call it a day as Nathan drove me home.

"I don't wanna go home yet." I say as Nathan smiles.
"Wanna come to mine and we can watch some movies? I mean, we can be ourselves while we're there, out of the public eye." Nathan says as I nod and smile.
"Sounds good." I reply as he smiles and starts driving us to his.

Once he's parked, we get out of the car before entering his house. He leads me through to the living room before sitting down and motioning for me to join him.

"So, we can watch movies or do whatever you like." Nathan says as I smile.
"Can we just sit and talk for a bit?" I ask as Nathan nods.
"Sure. About what?" He asks as I shrug.
"Anything." I reply as Nathan smiles.
"I do have something, I wanna tell you." Nathan says as I nod.
"Okay." I reply as he smiles at me.
"I like you. Like, really like you." Nathan says as I blush.
"You do?" I ask as he nods and moves towards me.
"I do. I know I've only known you for a few days but you're so easy to get along with and you're kind, beautiful, funny, smart. You get me like nobody else does and that's the best part." Nathan says as I smile.
"You make me feel special, Nathan. That's something I've never really felt before." I say as he smiles.
"I intend to make you feel special for as long as I can..." He trials off, "If you'd let me?" He ask as I shrug.
"Nathan, I don't know. We haven't known each other that long yet." I say as he smiles.
"And that's absolutely fine. You take as much time as you need to figure everything out and in the meantime, we'll keep this fake relationship going until you're ready." Nathan says as I smile.
"Thank you."

He's really not like any other guy. Any other guy would've wanted a definite answer but, Nathan, he understands.