3. MAKEUP

Ms. Peterson sat me in the salon chair in the corner of her office. I was embarrassed seeing three of me with the dress and wig in the three-mirror vanity. She began right away with the makeup application, patiently explaining as she went what each was and the purpose. Foundation, eye liner, eye shadow, mascara, blush, and glittery lip gloss, and using terms like "contours, and blending, wings", and so on. While she was applying, she was close up against me, and again I was entranced by her perfume. And again she noticed. "Okayyy Princess. My goodness, you're practically salivating. I guess this can't wait until the party." Behind me I could hear her walking way, open and close her desk drawer, then Pft Pft Pft, as the mist from her perfume bottle descended all over me.

"What the.." I started, but she completely ignored me, and put some final touches on my face.

"And that should just about do it. Oh my, Princess. You'll be fighting the boys off for sure, and the perfume is the cherry on the sundae." She said, directing me to look at myself in the mirror.

"WOW!" I said, forgetting about the perfume. "That's ME?? Er, I mean. UGH."

"I know, right?" She replied, gleefully. "See, no one will ever know it's you. Now, with the clothes, makeup, and perfume, you are visually ready for the party. Let's go through your moves, and work on a few things like voice pitch, and style. But first let me snap a few pictures so we can make sure we stay consistent with how it's applied."

She had me stand in the studio and smile and curtsey, and look off into the distance, while she snapped a few pictures, and added, "With so many students and shows, I can't always keep track of who is supposed to be made up how."

After rehearsal, Ms. Peterson made sure I had the extra panties and the heels again, and sent me on my way. Again, I bolted home after verifying that nobody was out on the street. I have to admit, I was feeling a bit charged. She gave several compliments about my progress, and I actually felt a little bit good inside that she was pleased. Despite the progress however, she said I still need a lot of work, particularly since I'll be in front of an audience of very excited little girls and their parents. She said she needed to train the boyness out of my presentation. I made a sandwich and put the heels back on and walked into the family room to practice a bit. I passed a mirror in the hallway and realized that I was still wearing all the makeup! I totally forgot I had it on! OMG what if Scott and Ricardo, or anybody had seen me going home?!?! There was no point in rushing to take it off now. Besides, I couldn't stop admiring how incredibly different I looked. What a fascinating transformation some blending and contouring can do!

The following day, I arrived the required 30 minutes early to the studio. As I approached, I saw Ms. Peterson carrying in some boxes from her car. She looked as stunning as ever with a pink satin and sheer dress, white pantyhose, and pink peep-toe pumps. I could vaguely see the outline of a much smaller bandage on her legs. A reminder of what got me here in the first place. As she saw me approaching, she sang out, probably louder than was necessary, "Good morning Princess. Please be a dear and grab that last item from the back of the car and shut the tailgate."

I grabbed what appeared to be a pink fishing tackle box, pushed the button for the auto-close of the tailgate, and followed Ms. Peterson into the house, where I found her at the kitchen island.

She took the pink box and put it on the counter, and asked, "Do you know what this is, dear?"

"Um, a girly fishing tackle box?" I responded.

"Well, it does resemble one." She answered with a smile, "But it's called a caboodle."

I chuckled, "Like kit and caboodle?"

"Exactly!" She replied. "A caboodle is a makeup case."

She opened it up, and just like a tackle box, it had compartments, but instead of being filled with lures and fishing gear, it was filled with makeup, and had a light-up mirror that folded out.