14. GUARDIANSHIP

"Mom! What the..." I shrieked, hitting my highest octave yet.

"Hi Shane. Oh, I mean Sherri." She said softly, with a compassionate smile.

"It's Cheri, with a C, Michelle." Ms. Peterson corrected, gently touching my mother's hand as she spoke.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Cheri. Lynda and I have been talking recently about your transition, and well some things have come up in my life, so I thought it was time we all got together on this. Why don't you sit down dear." My mother offered gesturing to the chair across from the two ladies.

Despite that the room temperature seemed to have shot up a thousand degrees, I was suddenly feeling way under dressed.

"I'll get you a glass of water, Cheri." Ms. Peterson offered, and went into the kitchen, which was open to the living room.

"Cheri," My mother began, in a way that sounded all too natural, as if she'd been calling me that my entire life. "I have known about your transition pretty much from the beginning. Despite that our rooms are two floors apart, and that we barely have a relationship. There were obvious signs. And I would see you on occasion walking to or from Lynda's studio."

I sat, knees locked together, squirming to maximize the length of my barely existent skirt.

"I asked Lynda about it during lunch one day and she, bless her heart, did not want to defy your trust in her discretion, but would only say that you came to her for help, and that you both worked out a way for you to pay her for her time and resources."

"Wait. Lunch one day?" I said, still with a squeak in my voice.

"Why yes dear. Lynda meets me near my office for lunch once a week or so. We've been doing it for years.

"We also workout together at the gym every Sunday." Ms. Peterson shouted from the kitchen.

I looked at them both, perplexed.

"You didn't know any of this?" My mother inquired.

"No! I didn't know you even knew each other! Ugh. What did she tell you?" I said, looking at my mother and at Ms. Peterson returning with the water.

Ms. Peterson handed me the glass, but didn't let go, giving me a commanding glare.

"Thank you, Ma'am." I said, knowing that was what she was looking for. Then she released the glass, and I drank down some water, which circulated hints of mouthwash and cum in my mouth. mmmm.

"Like your mother said, Cheri, I didn't feel comfortable defying your trust in me, but she figured it out mostly on her own, and I wasn't going to lie to her, so I could only confirm things she was seeing in you."

"I want you to know Cheri, that I am completely ok with this." My mother said about my appearance. "You always have done things your own way, and I think this is fantastic. I wish we had had the kind of relationship where you could have come to me. I would have been fully supportive, but please know that I am fully supportive."

Before I could chime in, or protest, or set the story straight, Ms. Peterson, said, "Cheri should probably be the one to tell you Michelle, but she has even started dating, and in fact she was out on a date tonight with two neighborhood boys."

"Oh that's so lovely Cheri. Anybody I might know?"

Again, before I could respond, Ms. Peterson jumped back in, playing like she didn't know their names, "Oh you told me Cheri, but my memory isn't clear. Was it Scott and Rick? Rob? Roberto?"

This was pure hell.

"Scott and Ricardo?" My mother chimed in.

"Yes! Ricardo." Ms. Peterson replied. "I knew it was an R."