Prologue

The first person to wake up in the large empty room was Felix Robane, the Knight of Crimson Blood and personal guard of the emperor's daughter, Athanasia de Alger Obelia. He was groaning in pain as he tried to get up from the lying position he was in a few seconds ago.

  'Where... am I?" the red-headed knight thought to himself. His eyes shot wide open after realising that he was in an unknown place. 'More importantly, is the princess alright?' he stood up so quickly he almost blacked out temporarily, stumbling a bit before regaining balance.

  Once his eyes had gotten used to the dim lighting of the room, Felix looked around before realising there were more people passed out on the floor, one of them being ...

  "Your majesty!" Felix cried out. He ran and kneeled down in order to help Claude to get on his feet.

  The blond emperor groaned as he tried sitting up. "What... on Earth just happened?" Claude asked no one in particular. "Felix, you better have an answer for this," he gave the knight a sharp glance, his jewel blue eyes seemed to glow as he did so.

  Felix gulped and looked down at Claude with uncertainty. "I'm actually confused too, your majesty. All I remembered before passing out was the time the young highness and I were taking a walk around the garden," he answered. He looked around again and saw some people he did not recognise, excluding Lilian York, the nanny who was almost always with the princess ever since she was a baby. "All I could remember was a bright light and before I could react, I blacked out," the knight continued.

  'There is no sight of Athanasia,' Claude thought to himself. He lifted himself up and looked around. " Felix, wake up the others. Maybe they might have some answers, " he ordered Felix, who simply nodded and started to wake everyone up.

  The first person Felix helped was Lilian, Lily for short. She was obviously shocked to find herself not in the Ruby Palace and frantically asked questions about Athanasia. "The princess... Is she safe?! Please tell me she's with you," she asked. Her heart sank when Felix looked at her with sad eyes while shaking his head in response.

  The second person who Felix woke up was a young boy who seemed to be around seventeen years of age, with white hair and golden eyes. Felix also woke up the girl beside the boy, a girl with long brown hair and surprisingly, the same jewel blue eyes Claude and Athanasia has. He decided to question that later, after discussing it with the emperor.

  The other people woke up on their own. One of them was Lucas, the boy with short black hair and a pissed off look on his face. "Why am I even here in the first place ?" he mumbled to himself. he glanced around the room, hoping he'd find Athanasia among the other people. She wasn't. 'Damn it...'

  Anastacius woke up and realised he wasn't alone. He also realised that his younger brother, Claude, was in the same room as him. He cursed to himself silently while running his long fingers through his black hair. ' I should keep a low profile for now and stay near Jennette, ' he thought as he stood up. There was no way he was going to let his cover be blown so soon.

   'Hey Carax, you better have an answer to where we are and how we... Carax?'

  How... strange.

  For some reason, Anastacius felt like, for the first time in years, he had full control of his mind and body. It was as if Carax had been exorcised out of his body with how silent the vengeful spirit was after he woke up. Actually, was the guy even with him now? Or did he just bail after Anastacius ended up here in this... what was this room?

The last person to wake up was probably the most beautiful lady to ever exist. With long blonde hair and pink eyes. "... W-where am I?" she asked. The last thing she remembered was being in the same room as her lover who desperately tried to reason with her to get rid of their unborn child before being blinded by a bright white light. Who were these strangers around her?