Chapter 67

Knock, knock!

  Somebody knocked on Jennette's door.

  "Who..." Jennette did not expect anyone to visit her at this time of day. Ijekiel went out somewhere, and the princess was supposed to be inside the guestroom. So who...

  When she opened the door, she was startled.

  It was the friendly gentleman with black hair. His hands were behind his back, seemingly hiding something from her.

  "Oh, isn't this the time I gave you that snow globe, Jennette?" Anastacius asked the girl. 'I actually had to sneak out of the manor in the evening to go to town to buy that thing at the last minute.'

  For being a vengeful spirit who's lived for over 200 years with revenge in his mind constantly, Carax definitely had good taste in gifts. It took Anastacius almost an hour to pick the right gift for Jennette.

  "A snow globe?" Roger didn't know the man gave her something. When did he even have the time to get a snow globe?!

  "Oh, yeah!" Jennette beamed. As someone who deeply cherished everything she received, she kept her father's gift somewhere where she could see it every day. "I actually placed it on my nightstand so I can stare at it every time before I go to bed."

  "Aww, that's so sweet of you." Anastacius smiled while patting his daughter's head.

  "... Sir Anastacius certainly is a kind gentleman for giving Lady Jennette an apology gift."

  Anastacius froze. Slowly, he turned to look at Myra.

  She was smiling rather ominously. But then her smile returned to normal as if she wasn't staring intently at him this whole time.

  ... Wait a minute.

  'She knows what I originally planned to do at the time, doesn't she?' Anastacius smiled weakly. 

  Myra silently admired the man on the big screen

  Myra silently admired the man on the big screen. 'He really does look good in purple,' she thought. Then, she remembered what he originally planned to do in this scene and her smile grew wider. 'But that won't stop me from wanting to punish Sir Anastacius for attempting to brainwash his daughter.'

  Anastacius smiled at her.

  "My Lord?" Jennette was too surprised to see him standing in front of her that she forgot to greet him properly.

  "Lady Margarita." After exchanging short greetings, Anastacius no longer hid what he was holding, revealing a pretty snow globe.

  Miniature versions of trees surrounded the castle which was the snow globe's centrepiece. The 'snow' inside the snowglobe swirled around the castle, creating a pretty snowy atmosphere inside it.

 The 'snow' inside the snowglobe swirled around the castle, creating a pretty snowy atmosphere inside it