Chapter 66

There wasn't much to say about how lunch went for the group as it ended pretty quickly. Nothing too eventful happened, except for Anastacius trying to apologise to Jennette for thinking that what she said in the past was 'annoying'.

  But Jennette was not the type to hold a grudge over something like that. So he was immediately forgiven by her.

  Or maybe she only forgave him so quickly because she wanted to spend her lunch with her friends and she didn't want to feel troubled by the thought of her father thinking of her as annoying and bugging her the entire time.

  Lunch went by really quickly today. And it didn't take too long for them to return to the screening room. Once they were comfortably sitting in their seats, Myra picked up the remote control and pressed a button.

  The screen lit up and chapter 66 began to play.

  "I fully understand your sincere heart," Anastacius finally said something. "But I'm worried about you, my lady."

  "I can't believe we have to see Jennette's dad trying to manipulate Jennette and failing miserably while doing so," Lucas said while rolling his eyes. 

  Anastacius tsked and mumbled something. He was mumbling something about how annoying the magician was and how he wished his mouth could be shut.

  Myra hummed and folded her arms across her chest. "It is disappointing to see Sir Anastacius like this," she said while shaking her head.

  That made the man stiffen in his seat. 'Ah, I should've seen this coming,' he thought. The young lady who was tasked with being their observer the whole time, it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that she would have to be on the neutral side of things when conflicts arise. So both sides of the argument still had to face the wrath of her toy hammer whether they wanted to or not.

  So even though she had a soft spot for Anastacius, that didn't mean that she would excuse all of the bad actions he had done in the past. 

  With Jennette being the first person he did not want to upset, Myra would be a close second.

  Why was he saying this?

  Jennette frowned. "What are you so worried about?" she asked.

  Hiding his ill intentions with a concerned expression in front of her, he continued. "Are you truly certain that His Majesty and the princess will truly accept you as a member of their family?"

  "Would you, Claude?" Diana asked her lover.

  'Would I?' Claude thought, thinking deeply about his answer. Then, he stared at the dancer with a blank expression. "No. Raising one child is enough for me. Welcoming another one would just be bothersome."

  ... Well, at least he was being honest.

  At first, Jennette was caught off-guard but quickly regained her composure. "Of course," she answered hesitantly. "We're bound by blood."

  His frown deepened before he covered his mouth with his hand. "However, is that something they also believe?"

  "... I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean."

  Of course she wouldn't understand. Based on what he already knew about her, she had a fairly simple mind and never considered the possibility that there are people who'd think differently than her.

  "The nature of the royal family is not so simple," Anastacius began to explain. The dark gaze went unnoticed by the girl. "Will the princess be pleased to know that you are her older sister?"