Chapter 46

'It's like I've entered into deep hibernation.'

  Engulfed in complete darkness, Athanasia fell deeper and deeper into oblivion, unaware of what was happening in the real world.

  'My heart feels empty... It is as if there's a big hole...'

  'It feels like I've lost something...'

  'I wonder what...'

  Athanasia felt like she couldn't breathe. She reached her hand out, hoping that somebody would pull her out of this darkness.

  'As if... something I held once held dear has been stolen from me...'

  Noticing how silent the room had become, Myra secretly glanced around and saw how incredibly focused everyone was being. Even Anastacius and Roger looked mildly worried about the princess' condition.

  'Aah, I can tell that this will be a really tense chapter,' she thought while smiling weakly. 'Well, at least this is the last chapter of the first season.'

  The screen turned black completely, and in the point of view of a person who had just woken up for the first time in a while, Felix and Lily came into view. Both looking exhausted yet surprised at the same time.

 Both looking exhausted yet surprised at the same time

  "Princess!" they both cried out.

  Felix couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief. "Oh, thank god that the princess seems alright," he said. He would never forgive himself if the princess had gotten badly injured while he was standing guard.

  Lily, however, didn't share the same sentiment as the knight. 'Even though she's awake now, that doesn't mean that she would be completely okay,' she thought. 'Right now, I'm curious about what happened before she woke up.'

  "Princess? Are you alright?" Lily asked, hoping that she would be able to hear her. "Are you in pain?"

  Athanasia, still in a daze, looked around. It took a while for her to realise that she was in her bedroom, tucked into her bed.

  Just... what happened?

  Tears ran down Lily's cheeks. She tried to wipe them off with the sleeves of her uniform. "Ah, thank heavens above, you've come back to us," she said in a shaky voice. "I thought this time we'd really lost you!"

  They all remembered a similar incident that happened when Athanasia was seven years old.

  "Claude, with all these near-death experiences your daughter has gone through at this point, I'm surprised that she hasn't become traumatised from it all," Anastacius commented, remembering all those times his niece could have died. From the drowning at the lake to the explosion in the garden earlier. 'Or maybe she is traumatised and she's just trying to cope by eating a lot of chocolate...'