Chapter 45

"It's been a while! Welcome!" Athanasia first greeted her guests as soon as they arrived at the palace gardens. She smiled brightly. "I trust you've all been well?"

  Jennette suddenly laughed nervously when she saw the familiar blue dress Athanasia wore. "Oh, so we're already reacting to this chapter, huh?" she asked. "Well then..."

  Ijekiel looked at Jennette questioningly. "What are you talking about- Oh..." Then the realisation had hit him. "Oh, I see what you're worried about now... Oh, dear lord, no."

  Lucas looked at the two as if they were idiots. "Why are you guys acting like that?" he asked.

  "Well, in this chapter... you know..." Jennette motioned for Lucas to come closer and once he did, she whispered into his ear. "Athy's explosion incident?"

  "... Okay, now I understand why you guys are being like that."

  The four adults that were from the past looked at the teenagers in confusion. Just... how awful was this chapter going to be, anyway?

  The invited girls smiled back at the princess. "Yes, princess! And you look as beautiful as always!"

  Athanasia looked at a certain brunette. "And Miss Margarita! Good to see you! Such lovely weather today as well!"

  Among the invited guests, Jennette looked at Athanasia in pure awe. Then, she noticed the blue satin ribbon the princess wore on her hair. She could not contain the pure joy she felt and she broke into a large smile, her blue eyes sparkling.

 Anastacius shifted uncomfortably in his seat. "I am... starting to feel a bit guilty for putting that spell on that ribbon now," he confessed. 'S-Seriously. Seeing Jennette so happy like that really wants to make myself a better man."

  Both Jennette and Myra looked at the man in pure confusion. "... You're starting to?" they both asked at the same time.

  "Let's go to the garden today," Athanasia said as she showed them the way to where their tea party would take place. "The yellow roses are in full bloom around this time of year."

  "Yes, princess!"

  "This looks pretty cute so far!" Diana exclaimed with a smile. 'I wonder why those three at the front row are acting a bit nervous, though...'

  "So I wanted to ask, would you like to visit the festival together when it opens?" one young lady asked before eating her slice of cake.

  "Ah, right! The Founding Festival is after His Majesty's birthday!"

  Jennette suddenly remembered the fun time she had at the aforementioned festival with Athanasia and refrained from smiling. 'Even though it must have been tough for Athy at the time since she ran away from the palace, I'm so happy that she took me out to town on the day of the festival.'

  "You will be attending events starting with this year's Founding Festival, right, princess?"

  'Gah! Now that they mentioned it...'

  The thought of so many people staring at her terrified poor Athanasia, especially after that incident during the debutante. 'What am I going to do?'

  "You just need to stand by His Majesty!" Athanasia remembered hearing Felix and Lily saying something like that to her plenty of times.

  "Are you going to the festival too, princess?" Jennette's question caught her off-guard.

  "I'm... actually not sure yet."