Chapter 55

"..."

  This was awkward. For her, at least.

  Athanasia slowly sipped on the hot tea. The tea almost burnt her tongue but she didn't show any pain to not worry her host, Jennette, who was smiling brightly at her.

 The tea almost burnt her tongue but she didn't show any pain to not worry her host, Jennette, who was smiling brightly at her

  "Ahh, look at these two having a nice time as cousins," Diana said while smiling peacefully. "Or.. would it still be sisters for you, Miss Jennette? Either way, it's a nice change of scenery after Claude tried to kill Athanasia in the last chapter."

  While Claude just groaned, Jennette was laughing lightly. She rubbed the back of her head. "Well... at the time I did think that she's my sister," she confessed. "I was really happy that I got to spend more time with her while she was in hiding. Athy is like... a best friend I've never had until then."

  "That's because before the princess became your close friend, the only best friends you had were the dolls in your doll collection," Lucas interjected. This little statement of his almost caused Ijekiel and Anastacius to choke on the drinks they were drinking. Even the others were speechless.

  Jennette stared at Lucas before sighing. "Lucas, I know I don't have a lot of friends and I'm not that good when it comes to socializing with others. You don't have to rub those facts in."

  Fortunately, the girl wasn't offended by Lucas' words. Perhaps that was their way of communicating with each other now that they were friends?

  Athanasia placed her teacup down, wondering how she ended up in Jennette's room of all places after running away from the palace.

  'What am I even doing right now?' she thought.

  'It's a long story to explain how things ended up this way, but let's start with how I was able to start using magic.'

  Weeks before her disappearance, Athanasia began to realise that she was finally able to use magic freely when she accidentally conjured up some counterfeit coins while she was bored out of her mind in the lounging area.

  "Of course the first thing she'd try to do with her magic is to make money," Lucas said with a deadpanned expression. "... But then again, I was the one who showed her that I can use magic to make money for myself when we were in town back then," he mumbled that last part to himself.