Chapter 15

"You're here?" Claude spoke. He was sitting on his golden throne with one leg on top of the other, wearing his usual loose white robe. It seemed that he had a boring conversation with the person in the audience chamber before them since he looked more bored than usual.

  "Yes, Your Majesty, " Felix said. "We bumped into Sir Roger outside."

  "Mr White!" Athanasia exclaimed as she looked over Felix's shoulder.

  Everyone chuckled at Roger's new nickname.

  'Oh, father...,' Ijekiel thought with a small sigh escaping from him. 'I'm sure he'll forever be annoyed at the nickname the princess had given him.'

  "White?" Claude repeated.

  "He looks like a white doggy!" Athanasia told him.

  Claude seemed to be in deep thought as his eyes stared into a random part of the audience chamber. He covered his mouth with his hands after a few seconds.

  'Huh? He smiled!'

  Diana shot a glance at Claude. "I wish you smile more, Claude," she told the emperor. "I'm sure you look lovely when you do so...," she smiled. 'And it would probably make Athanasia happy as well if she's the cause of your smile.'

  Claude did not know how he should react to that. So, he only rolled his eyes. "You and your... words.'

  "A becoming nickname for a constant barker," Claude commented after lowering his hand drown from his mouth.

  Athanasia stared blankly at the blond emperor. 'My my, that's no way to talk about a future-in-law,' she thought.

  'Right...' Ijekiel glanced over at Jennette before glueing his eyes back to the screen. 'Jennette and I will get married in the future... four years to be exact,' he thought. 'I wonder what Jennette thinks of this-'

  "Hmm..." Jennette made a wincing noise, her face scrunched up slightly. 

  Ah, so she was not a huge fan of the thought of them getting married.

  ... Well, that made two of them.

  Claude stared at Felix who was happily carrying Athanasia on his back before smirking. "You've become quite the babysitter," he remarked.

  Felix simply laughed as he crouched down for the princess to get off of his back.

  'I don't think that's a compliment,' the princess thought as she got off of Felix.

  "I'm sure His Majesty said that because he was jealous that the princess is already comfortable with the knight while he isn't, " Lucas theorised.

  This caused Claude to contain his anger. "You have some nerve to say I'm jealous of Felix for something so stupid."

  Felix gasped. "Your Majesty," he breathed out. "If you wanted to carry Her Highness instead, you should've just told me! I could even give you a few tips on how to make her feel comfortable while you're carrying her."

  "Felix, you are making me lose my composure second by second right now...," the emperor mumbled under his breath.

  Anastacius smirked. He definitely enjoyed seeing his brother being tormented like this. If he couldn't actually hurt him, this was the second-best thing.

  Athanasia ran towards her father but stopped mid-track. She ran back to Felix and gave him the lollipop she had this whole time. She then continued running to her father.