Chapter 18

"Princess? What are you holding in your arms?" Felix asked when he finally noticed the approaching princess who finally returned to the Ruby Palace just in time for tea time. "You left me saying you wanted to play alone, and now you came back with a new friend."

  "I told you I wanted to play alone?" Athanasia asked as she hugged Raven closely to her chest.

  Felix blinked. "She said that?" he asked.

  "Ah," Lucas scratched his chin. "I forgot that I tempered with his and some other people's memories after I left the princess alone in the garden. Oh, well."

  ...

  ...

  Felix stiffly turned his head around to look at the magician, absolutely mortified. "You what?" he asked softly.

  "Yes, that's what I heard you told Lady Lilian as well."

  'W-whoa, is this that scary guy's doing?' Athanasia thought.

  "I'm not scary." Lucas frowned slightly. "In fact, I could be an angel if it's possible."

  Everyone just groaned  'Please don't tell me that he'll be like this for the rest of the series,' was what everyone thought.

  "Sir Lucas, if you keep talking about yourself like this, I might have to tape your mouth shut," Myra told him. She proceeded to pull out a roll of duct tape from under her seat. "I'm a woman of my word, for your information."

  Lucas quieted down, but only because he had nothing else to say as a comeback.

  'Raven, I think we may have just escaped a psychopathic monster,' the princess thought, ignoring the fact that Raven was chewing on her finger.

  "Hey, I'm not a monster!" someone cried out. You know who it was.

  'He didn't deny the psychopath thing, though,' Ijekiel thought.

  Raven noticed something from the corner of his eye. His eyes lit up and jumped towards the thing, almost flying out of the princess' grasp.

  "Ah, Raven!" Athanasia cried out.

  "Where is that mutt heading to?" Claude asked quietly.

  Raven was running towards Lily who was putting a tray of chocolate cake on the table, almost at the speed of light.

  "We haven't had chocolate cake with our tea in a while...," Lily said, not aware of the tiny holy beast charging toward her.

  Felix tried to stop the beast "Wai- Whoa!"

  He was caught off guard when Raven suddenly hopped onto his body as if it were a platform for him to climb on.

Felix blushed slightly and subconsciously wrapped his arms around his torso. "The princess' holy beast has some really strong legs to be able to jump on my body so easily." He then let out a shy chuckle.

  From Felix's shoulders, Raven jumped and landed near one of the chocolate cakes, taking a huge bite of it. 

  Claude sighed. "All that because of some chocolate?"

  Diana smiled weakly. "Since Athanasia likes chocolate, I suppose Raven would be the same as well."

  "You know, I'm glad that Raven's not an actual dog," Jennette said as she let out a sigh of relief. "I read from a book that dogs cannot eat chocolate, since they could die from it if they consume even the smallest amount of it."